Announcing Updates to the Zap Sharing Interface

Categories: Product Updates
Announcing Updates to the Zap Sharing Interface

Hey everyone! My name is Emily, and I'm a frontend engineer on the Zap Sharing team here at Zapier.

We've just released some updates to the Zap sharing interface that you might find helpful. We now auto-generate a default title and description for you when you share a Zap, so you can get back to automating all the things sooner 😁

You're still welcome and encouraged to update this title and/or description, however! Now, you'll just find it behind a 'Add a title and description' button in the main interface. There, you'll also see a preview of what the shared Zap's landing page will look like!

Here's the main interface of the Zap sharing modal. You'll notice the 'Add a title and description' button below:

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 10.58.59 PM.png

Once you click into that section, you'll find the auto-generated title and description, as well as the preview of what the landing page for your shared Zap will look like. You can edit them here if you like, or just click 'save' or 'cancel' to return back to the main screen:

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 11.01.13 PM.png

We hope this takes the onus off of you, dear creator, to think up a title and description when you're creating your Shared zaps. If you have any feedback, please don't hesitate to let us know, we always love to hear what you think!

Happy Zapping!

Looks good! Wondering if you could generate the same type of title for a zap in general.

We too use the right arrow for explaining each action and it's painful to get it written out the first time.

Creating a title and descriptions based on the pieces of the zap would be helpful.

Cheers!

That's a great idea @alex , I can definitely see how that'd be helpful ! I'll bring it up to the team 🙂Thanks!