We’ve been hard at work improving various aspects of the editor, and today we’d like to announce an exciting development we're releasing to our users.
We’re changing the way fields are mapped between steps and have redesigned the fields in the editor. We're hoping to:
- Put more of a focus on mapping fields from previous steps. Users now see data from previous fields as soon as they focus on a field, instead of that being hidden behind an unlabelled icon.
- The ability to map fields is more evident and discoverable
- Search is now visible always, even if you've scrolled the list of fields.
- The 'custom' option is now more discoverable for dropdown fields.
- Bring the UI on that page into line with the rest of the more modern design found elsewhere in the editor and around Zapier.
Some of you have probably already seen this feature, as we've been releasing it to a small percentage of users already to validate and improve our designs. Over the next few hours, we plan on releasing this to 100% of our users. Here’s a quick before & after of the changes:
If you have any questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to let us know!