Use automation to fight work burnout

• 28 October 2020
  • 1 reply
Use automation to fight work burnout
Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hey, folks! Janine here from the blog team. I wanted to share an article that feels timely, at least in my own life. We’re balancing work-from-home and school-from-home, and are entering a very busy celebration and holiday season for our family.

It all feels like a lot. 

But there are some techniques I’m using to help keep me focused on what needs doing. Our writer Krystina Martinez put together a collection of useful Zaps aimed at fighting burnout. Included in the collection are Zaps that can:

• Set your status so your team knows when you’re available
  • Tie your Philips Hue bulbs in with your calendar
  • Schedule breaks and remind yourself to actually step away
  • Remind you to take vacation time
  • Filter information so you’re able to stay focused

Automate healthy work habits and fight burnout

One tip that’s not included in that piece is my favorite Zap to combat burnout: A bot that tells me to sign off Slack.

Are there any Zaps you use for things like this?

1 reply

Userlevel 1

I wonder whether this article could be updated to include a small app we have just released in Zapier! 

Out of Office Assistant for Jira allows anybody to take time off without the fear of having colleagues waiting on their work.

• When a rule is activated from a calendar app like Outlook or Google Calendar, Jira users are warned with an Out of Office message
  • Jira issues can be reassigned to a coverer during the time off. That means that progress and vacation are no longer in contrast!
  • You can create multiple rules at the same time for different workstreams!

You can also check the app in the Atlassian Marketplace and try it for free before connecting it to anything else in Zapier!