Set it and forget it: Zapier in the background

• 5 November 2021
  • 0 replies
Set it and forget it: Zapier in the background
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  • Zapier Staff
  • 4 replies

Hello! Deb here, from the Zapier blog. The week before last, we had our first-ever user conference, ZapConnect. It was awesome to connect with thousands of our customers and learn how everyone is using Zapier—and what we could be doing better.

Our CEO, Wade, opened the conference with a keynote about the history of technology, and he turned part of that talk into a blog post about the issue of "engagement" with apps. Take a look.

Engagement isn't the future of software

The main takeaway is that people shouldn't have to engage with their apps all the time. Apps shouldn't distract us; they should focus us. They shouldn't take time away from our days; they should give us time back in our days. And that's exactly what Wade and the rest of us want to be sure Zapier does for you.

The Zap I rely on most (send new saved Slack messages to my to-do list in Google Sheets) is one I set up over three years ago—and I haven't touched it since. Not one time. It's the epitome of set it and forget it. It has probably saved me [does math in Google Search bar…] one week every year, and it took me maybe five minutes to set up and zero brain energy since then.

What's the Zap you rely on most but think about least? Let me know in the comments, and we might feature you on the Zapier blog!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!