Running your business in Notion? Automate it.

• 18 March 2022
  • 2 replies
Running your business in Notion? Automate it.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  • Zapier Staff
  • 4 replies

Deb here, from the Zapier blog. I use Coda for my organizational documents (is that what you call them?), but I'm starting to think I might have jumped on the wrong bandwagon, because Team Notion is gaining a ton of steam. Last week, I had three freelancers pitch me "How I run my business on Notion." 

Earlier this week, we published an article by someone who actually uses Notion as her to-do list. Apparently that's not the best use of Notion, but she came up with a template that works for task management, and she was kind enough to share it with us:

How to use Notion as a to-do list (with template)

Whether they're using Notion for their to-do list, their personal projects, or to run their entire business, Notion users seem to agree: set some Zaps up. Here are a few ideas to get you started, along with a Notion expert's take on what's worth automating.

Are you Team Notion? What do you use it for? And how do you automate it? Let me know in the comments, and we might feature you on the Zapier blog!

2 replies

Hey there Deb,

I fully agree with you - Notion becomes an incredible powerhouse if paired with some great automations 😎

One of my favourite simple ways to do so: setting up a fully automated sales backend. In the simplest version, you can just keep a record of sales in Notion, but if you want to go further, you could easily do LTV calculations & re-engagement campaigns, all from Notion.

Lmk if you’re interested in a guest article.

Have a great day,

Matthias

Moderator Edit: External website link removed

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Matthias, this sounds awesome! I’ll pass this along to my colleague who works on our Zapier-focused content, and she’ll reach out if she has space for it on the calendar. And if you want to specifically submit a guest post pitch, feel free to read our guidelines and get in touch using the form linked there. Thanks so much!