Hi! Deb here, from the Zapier blog. We recently published a piece called 10 mistakes you’re making as a startup employee. Tip #1? Letting a small budget hold you back. The author of the article recalls when she asked her boss for more resources (or more people) to help with everything she needed to get done. Her boss promptly gave her a Zapier login, and the rest was history.
So here’s some small budget inspiration for you. If you’re feeling like you need a new tool to get going on those big ideas, try this.
- First, see if there’s something you can automate.
- If not, figure out if you already have a tool that can do the job.
- Then, see if there’s a free version of a tool that might help.
- Make the most of those free versions (for example, Dropbox and Todoist).
- Read about how one small business owner did social media, brand awareness, and content marketing without a budget—you might get some ideas.
Have you figured out a way to do a lot with a small budget? Drop your tips in the comments, and we might feature you on the Zapier blog!