Don't go back to the way things were: Automate at the office

• 19 November 2021
  • 4 replies
Don't go back to the way things were: Automate at the office
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  • Zapier Staff
  • 4 replies

Hi, everyone! Deb here, from the Zapier blog. We've been writing a lot about heading back to the office (suggestions so far: keep using Slack and please let people talk in meetings). The main theme we see over and over again as we think about this transition? Don't go back to the way things were.

That's what our technical writer Laura wrote about recently on the blog:

Returning to the office shouldn't mean returning to broken processes

Remote work gave us so many opportunities to digitize, streamline, and generally fix the way we work. People adopted new apps at incredible rates, and companies completely changed the way they did business. Laura refers to it as the "pandemic upskill."

One thing we know for sure: businesses that used automation during the pandemic have been more resilient, are hiring more, and are seeing more revenue. So as you head back to the office, instead of going back to the old way of doing things, why not double down on automation?

What new automations might you set up as you head back to the office? Let me know in the comments, and we might feature you on the Zapier blog!

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

It would be amazing to have increased adoption of automations in the workplace! I love seeing employees automate their own workflow for increased accuracy + efficency – but it’s always appreciated (dang corporate culture...). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Jayden - Polygon Web Solutions Absolutely! There are just so many inefficiencies when it comes to manually performing tasks. Why not let the robots do the work for us?

I actually just created a Zap that will trigger when someone replies to an article, and then I can do any number of things with that information. This very comment should trigger it (fingers crossed) so I thank you for offering something I can reply to :) 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Jayden - Polygon Web Solutions 100%! We actually also just published an article on how to overcome automation resistance—might be interesting for you! https://zapier.com/blog/overcoming-automation-resistance/

Userlevel 1
Badge

@deb Thanks for sharing! I’ll check that out and I’ll look for helpful tips I can pass on.