Automatically convert your files to PDF

• 12 March 2021
  • 6 replies
Automatically convert your files to PDF
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  • Zapier Staff
  • 4 replies

Hi! It’s Deb, from the Zapier blog. Fact about me: I think PDFs are pretty. Just...so pretty. I feel like even when they’re formatted poorly or have weird fonts or designs, they’re still so very nice to look at.

Just me?

Even if you’re more of a DOCX or RTF fan (which, why?), Zapier can help you automatically turn files into whatever format you prefer, by connecting to CloudConvert. Take a look at our blog post about how to create a PDF: get shortcuts for your desktop and phone, and learn how to automate the process.

How to create a PDF

Whenver a file is added to a folder in your cloud storage (Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, whatever), it will automatically convert it to your new file type and drop it back into the same or another folder. You don’t need to lift a finger.

How do do you automate your files? Let me know in the comments, and we might feature your workflow on the Zapier blog!

6 replies

Deb where are the instructions to do this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @ARob ! You can take a look toward the bottom of this post for some suggestion on how to get started https://zapier.com/blog/create-pdf/. Or you can head over to our CloudConvert integrations page and pick the app you want it to work from and go from there. https://zapier.com/apps/cloudconvert/integrations Let me know if you have other questions!

Hey guys,

How can I automatically convert pdf to Excel and make a split per paragraph, using zapier?

With pdf.co it is possible to convert automatically to xlsx. But it will be split per page not per paragraph

Are there other ways?

Hi @Sammie12,

Zapier offers integrations with a number of different apps that can help you convert PDFs to Excel and split the data into paragraphs. One option is to use a combination of the PDF.co app and Google Sheets.

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Set up a Zapier integration between PDF.co and Google Sheets.
  2. Configure the PDF.co app to convert your PDF to an Excel file (XLS or XLSX).
  3. In Google Sheets, create a new sheet to hold the converted data.
  4. In the Zapier integration, add a step to parse the Excel file into separate rows for each paragraph. You can use a tool like Data Miner or Tabula to extract the paragraph data from the Excel file and split it into separate rows.
  5. Finally, use another Zapier step to import the parsed data into Google Sheets.

By using this approach, you can automatically convert your PDFs to Excel and split the data into separate paragraphs within Google Sheets.

Userlevel 1

The topic of converting files to PDF is quite common and in my opinion always topical.

Userlevel 1

And obviously, many of us are looking for ways to simplify this process. For my part, I wanted to share a fantastic tool. Namely the online converter https://pdfflex.com/tiff-to-pdf which has proven to be very effective in converting TIFF files to PDF. And I thought it could be a valuable resource for those who want to automate the file conversion process.