Automate your news consumption

• 9 April 2022
  • 1 reply
Automate your news consumption
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  • Zapier Staff
  • 4 replies

Deb here, from the Zapier blog. When I'm not on kid duty, the first thing I do every morning is read my morning newsletters. I subscribe to The 7 (Washington Post), The Skimm, and Morning Brew, and they give me the basic information I want while preventing me from doomscrolling my way through the morning.

But this only works because I'm not on social media. (Technically, my dog has an Instagram account—does that count?). If you get your news from Twitter or Reddit or any other social app, the best way to tame the beast is with automation.

3 ways to stay informed without becoming overwhelmed

That way, you can the news you want—nothing more, nothing less. Another tip: be sure you're using the best news app. I've defaulted to Apple News for a while, but now I'm trying out a few different options from that list to see if something works better for my news consumption style.

How do you consume news without going down the rabbit hole? Let me know in the comments, and we might feature you on the blog!

1 reply

More programs? you kidding? yeah u are. And I get now, like 25 daily emails One for every single person I am in “ouch” with