Automate your Google Docs

• 17 June 2022
  • 2 replies
Automate your Google Docs
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  • Zapier Staff
  • 4 replies

Deb here, from the Zapier blog. We recently published an article about how to send emails from Google Docs. I pretty much live in Google Docs and I didn't know you could do this, so it made me think about how I might be able to do even more with the app. 

In addition to formatting tricks, pageless view, automatic copy on sharing, and other cool tricks, I realized I should be automating my Google Docs more. It seems weird since automation has a "put this data in this field" vibe, and Google Docs don't have fields. But check out a few of the things you can do: 

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Check out all the other ways you might automate your docs.

How do you automate Google Docs? Let me know in the comments, and we might feature you on the Zapier blog!

2 replies

Hi there, when I populate a document, I want to create a call to action but not possible with autopopulation of document :( any best practice to share please ? 

Hi there, how can i enter a blank data when there is no information to fill please ?