Question

Set up a zap that turns Wix orders into Xero invoices

• 17 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I am new to Zapier and looking to set up a zap that when an order is placed on my wix ecommerce store an invoice is created in xero. In an ideal world I would also like the zap to add this customer to xero contact unless they are already a contact. 

Thanks guys!!!

Helena

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Helena MacDonald, welcome to the Community!

Looks like you’d first need to set up an Automation Rule in Wix to run whenever an order is placed. You can find out more about how to set up automation rules in Wix here: Wix Automations: Connecting Your Automations with a Third-Party App Using Zapier

Then you’d want to set up a Zap that uses the following triggers and actions:

• Trigger: Automation Rule (Wix Automation) - would run for new orders in Wix (automation rule for this would need to be created directly in Wix).
  • Action: Find or Create Contact (Xero) - would look for an existing contact and add them if not found.
  • Action: Create Sales Invoice (Xero) - would create an invoice in Xero based on the information you select from the Wix trigger and previous Xero action.

As you’re new to Zapier I thought I should also share some of our guides on how to set up triggers and actions in case you find them useful:

Hope that helps to get you started. If you run into any issues along the way just let us know, happy to help further! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hi Sam B, 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. 

Would you be able to break down the steps for these 2 sections:

• Action: Find or Create Contact (Xero) - would look for an existing contact and add them if not found.
  • Action: Create Sales Invoice (Xero) - would create an invoice in Xero based on the information you select from the Wix trigger and previous Xero action.

I’m struggling to understand the specific information that I need to input to make these work…

Thanks again!

Userlevel 1

For example: The contact name- this should be generated from wix so what do I input here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Helena MacDonald - 

Hopping in here. Unfortunately since I am not able to get into your account, I am going to try and explain this as much as I can. You can also take a peak at this article here for more on mapping of fields

Basically, once you click on Contact Name you’ll see a dropdown of some dynamic options. I’m unsure of what this will look like on your name, but you’ll want to map it over to a similarly named field depending on the name of the field you’ve used on your order form. So likely, it’ll have ‘Name’ somewhere in the correct field to map over. You’ll do the same for the other fields. 

If you add some screenshots of what those drop-downs look like for you, I may be able to help you further. You can always reach out to one of our Experts as well for additional assistance!