Skip to main content
Question

Zoho Forms to Thinkific: The app returned "Could not find product for tenant domain" error

• 17 July 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi, 

I currently have a form within Zoho which allows you to input a persons full name (first name & last name) and email address. You then also select the course(s) the person should be enrolled onto. 

I have been trying to set up a zapier to then get the system to enrol the person into a specific course based on the selection from the form. I thought I could achieve this by assigning the productID from thinkific into the “value” for the selection in forms. 

This is not working and I keep getting the error to tell me the productID is missing, The exact error is actually: 

The app returned "Could not find product for tenant <domain>”

The trouble shoot tells me it could not find anything. What I can see is the value from the form is taking the course name, rather than the ID which is the value I have assigned. So I would guess I need to pull the assigned value rather than the course name, but I am unsure of how to do this. 

Here is a picture of the Form: 

Ultimately, I want to be able to select as many courses as I need and have Zapier work with Thinkific to create a single login for the User and enroll them on all of the selected courses. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Cheers

Jim

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JimmyBo 

For us to have more context, post screenshots showing:

• How your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode
  • The encountered error in the Zap step

New to Zapier (signed up today) so let me know if this isn’t the “EDIT mode”. 

When I test the action it give me the following error: 

Here is what the AI now says about the issue: 

“To resolve this, ensure that the product ID being passed from the previous step (ZohoForms) is correct and exists in your Thinkific account. In your input data, the product ID is being pulled from {{249139112__Checkbox}}, which corresponds to the value "Abrasive Wheels". Verify that "Abrasive Wheels" is the correct product ID or name in Thinkific. If it is not, you may need to map the correct product ID from ZohoForms to Thinkific. You can do this by using a Lookup Table in Zapier to convert the product name to the correct product ID before passing it to the Thinkific step.”

From the original screenshot you can see the form has the courses set up in a checkbox. I need to somehow get the options in my form to match up with IDs in thinkific to then enroll the users. I would need this to let me enrol someone on as few or as many courses as I select. 

Thanks

Jim

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JimmyBo 

Products expects the Product ID as indicated by the 123 icon.

Help link to follow: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

Last Name is a required field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JimmyBo,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

Hi guys - apologies for the delay. 

The response does not help. The article suggests going to the “Custom” tab and adding the value there. I cannot do this as the custom tab just contains a list of the Zoho Form fields. 

I can add a custom value to the “Trigger” but this will not help as it would then be a static value, so it wouldn’t not matter which course is selected on the form and it would enrol them to the same course each time. 

The alternative here would be to create one form for each course combination we have, which would defeat the purpose of using this as it would take more time to get people enrolled, not less. 

If you have any guides/videos to show me how I can achieve what I am looking to do then please forward these on. 

THE IDEA: 

1. User completes form with their name & email address. They select the courses they want to enrol on.
  2. Form is submitted
  3. Zapier links to Thinkific and creates a login for the User and enrols them to the course
  4. Email confirmation for account setup sent to User (I can do this from forms). 

Just need help with the step 3 above. It might not be possible but I am just looking around. 

Thanks

Jim

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JimmyBo 

The purpose of using the ‘Custom’ tab to map a variable from a previous step is to make that field value dynamic.

Each time the Zap Runs the variable value will change based on the data from the step it was mapped from.

The Products fields expects the Product ID as indicated by the 123 icon.

Help link to follow: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

You may need to create a lookup table to translate the submitted Courses on the Zoho Form to the matching Thinkific Product IDs for the related course/bundle.

Hey Guys, have tried the solutions but ended up with the same issue of not being able to select multiple courses. When adding more than one course, it adds the IDs together rather than checking them individually. Are we able to setup a screenshare to walk me through what the solutions are? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JimmyBo

If you are trying to handle each individually, then you can use the Looping app to iterate: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

For us to have current context, post screenshots with how your updated Zap steps are now configured in EDIT mode.