Skip to main content

I have a zap which parses information from invoices and processes them into Xero. I have introduced a step to ensure we are not processing duplicate invoices, therefore the step is a Zoho Sheets step. I have a record of all invoices processed and this step should look up the reference in the correct column and if nothing is found, then the invoice is not a duplicate. If it is found then obviously it’s already been processed in the past.

Immediately following the search step is a paths step, where one relies on the search being false (not a duplicate) and the other being true (duplicate).

It is therefore important that the search step moves on regardless of the outcome. I set the option “Should this step be considered a success if nothing is found?” to true, therefore I expected the step to continue.

This does not appear to be the case and with several tests, the Zap halts on the search step saying nothing was found.

Is this a glitch or am I missing something here?

Hi @RichPurseglove 

Try adding an Error Handler: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/22495436062605-Set-up-custom-error-handling#h_01HPPKK18N9C64R762TSZGMFPK

Hey @RichPurseglove 👋

Just wanted to check in here to see whether adding an error handler as Troy suggested helped to resolve things here?

Keen to ensure you’re all set with this so please let us know if you’re in need of any further help on this! 🙂

Hi guys,

Error handlers have worked, thank you! - I also had another Zap which would parse data from an invoice and depending on the category, would create a bill in Xero. There were 9 possible categories, so created 9 paths and the zap would try and fail on each path until it matched and then created the Xero bill. In testing, I found that due to so many of the paths not matching, by the time it did actually match, the zap halted and turned itself off. I amended this and used 9 embedded error handling steps and this seems to have worked.

I’m not sure whether it’s my incorrect use of “paths” or whether there was a glitch within Zoho Sheets. I have had feedback that Zoho have made some changes and after creating a new, simple zap to search a file name within a zoho sheet and continue regardless of whether the result was found, it now seems to continue as expected and the search step does not show as failed.

Hopefully both the Zoho issue and the error handling steps will help others!

Thanks

Rich

That’s an awesome news @RichPurseglove! Thank you for providing an update here!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗