Best answer

Shopify error: Email_marketing_consent Opt in level must exist

Userlevel 1

I’ve had a zap running for over 4 years that takes Facebook leads and creates new customers based on these leads in Shopify and then sends an email out via mailchimp. 

Two days ago the add new customer to shopify step is failing with error:

email_marketing_consent Opt in level must exist

Looking at the Shopify dev changelog it appears they now require a marketingOptinLevel and extra fields. 

I tried to edit the zap step but the only option in Zapier is “Accepts Marketing?” True/False. 

I cannot find any of the new options required by SHopify which are:

• marketingState
  • consentUpdatedAt
  • marketingOptInLevel

Refer to Shopify dev changelog:

https://shopify.dev/changelog/new-email-marketing-consent-for-customers-and-deprecated-fields

How do we get this fixed? Is this something that Zapier must add to their editor?  Need a fix ASAP as we get many customers added each day. 

icon

Best answer by SamB 26 May 2023, 18:23

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @WZBodyline 

Good question.

IF Zapier owns the Shopify Zap app integration,
THEN the Zapier Integrations Team would need to update the Shopify Zap app integration to address this.

IF Shopify owns their Shopify Zap app integration,
THEN Shopify would need to update their Shopify Zap app integration to address this.

You can open a ticket with Zapier Support to inquire further and/or report this: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

Have the same issue with my integration that started failing a couple days back

Userlevel 1

Need help on this too. 

Has this been resolved?

Userlevel 1

Hello everybody, I have the same problem as well. Could you solve the issue?

Userlevel 1

Same issue here! We need a fix!

Userlevel 1

Same issue here. Need a fix ASAP!

Userlevel 1

I am getting the same error too and have been getting no where in terms of a solution.  Can Zapier please help?  This is right before a holiday weekend and the turn around time for responses is 24 hours.  Support told me that HubSpot changed something, but that doesn’t make sense because it’s a Shopify error.  I asked Shopify if anything changed and they claimed that nothing changed on their end.  

Userlevel 1

I’m also having this issue with a Shopify / Kajabi integration

Userlevel 1

Also having an issue with this. We’ve had long-running zap that creates Shopify accounts when a field is changed in a Monday.com board. The only reason we pay for Zapier tbh. Hope this gets fixed soon!

Userlevel 2
Badge

please help, this is a premium app you can’t just tell us to kick rocks when it all breaks.

This is crazy! Surely the Zapier people should have been on top of this? We need this resolved NOW!!!

Userlevel 1

I have exactly the same issue! @Zapier please fix this asap! I’m on a pro plan with 50k tasks that are all returning errors. Literally paying for nothing.

Userlevel 1

I submitted a support ticket about this with no response yet. I’ll keep you guys updated 🤝

Any update on this? this is VITAL

Userlevel 1

Reply from Zapier’s support: 

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for writing in about this, Matt here at Zapier Support - happy to help with this one!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some trouble with your Zap's Find or Create Customer in Shopify action!

It looks like you're running into a recently identified bug here. I've found a matching bug report raised with our Engineering Team, and I've now added you to the list of affected users to ensure that you'll be notified as soon as there's a fix for this.

It appears that the requirements recently changed at Shopify's API for creating customers in relation to a marketing opt-in field that our Engineers are already busy working to deploy a fix for.

While there is no known workaround at the moment, and I can't provide a timeline for when this bug will be resolved, I can assure you that it's very high on our Engineer's list of priorities, and we’ll be sure to be in touch with you as soon as we have any updates!

If you have any questions about this at all, or if I can assist with anything else, please feel free to let me know.

Many thanks,

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanx Gabriel

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey all - apologies for the belated update!

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community, @horti! If you weren’t already added to the bug report as an impacted user, I’ve added everyone in the thread. This is the best way to stay in the loop as an email will go out as soon as a fix is live. 

We’ll also be sure to keep the thread informed with any news. Thanks so much for everyones patience!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi friends, 👋

I’ve just had word that this issue has now been resolved! 😁🎉

So any Create Customer and Update Customer actions should now be running without that error now. Yay! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Woop woop!

Userlevel 1

Thank you to Zapier dev’s for fixing promptly! I can report that all is now well again! Happy zappingggggg