Question

Setting up Outbound email - name not appearing as sender

• 13 September 2023
  • 2 replies

I have tested an outbound email setup from my spreadsheet, my concern is my name as “John Cazander” is not reflecting on the inbox message title. Please refer to attached image:

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @johncazander 

Good question.

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have more context.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @johncazander, welcome to the Community!

That’s very odd, I’m not seeing any other reports of this behaviour for the Email by Zapier app at the minute. Can I just double-check whether you’ve added your name into the From Name field when setting up the Send Outbound Email action?

f9d04c186e0422127e2cc0e272b66ffa.png
If there’s no value set there, then that might be what’s causing the Zap to show the email address as the sender name.

If a name is already in that field would you mind sharing a screenshot showing what fields and settings have been selected in the Action section of the Send Outbound Email action step? This will allow us to check whether there’s anything else on the setup for that action step that might be causing the issue here.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!