Question

Required field "To" (to) is missing.

• 18 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Hey Team!   I just got done setting up my Zap for the first time.   I used email parser with clicksend to send new clients a text message when they complete a form.   The good news is that it appears to be working but I keep getting an email from zapeir telling me there is an error.   It says “Required field "To" (to) is missing” but the to field is filled in properly???   Please help!   It says this..

Zap alert

We ran into a problem with one of your Zaps.

dd5f4022fda4a5caed8ae27548b27566_2.png?auto=format%2Ccompress&h=128&ixlib=python-3.0.0&q=50&w=128

Untitled Zap
Received 1 error

Edit this Zap

Error Message

dd5f4022fda4a5caed8ae27548b27566_2.png

ClickSend SMS

Required field "To" (to) is missing.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Amedee! Happy to help here. This usually happens when there is old data caught in your Zap. Here’s what usually helps to resolve it:

1. Open up your Zap in the editor
  2. Re-test step 1 so you get a fresh sample of data
  3. Re-map the data into the “to” field in the ClickSend SMS action
  4. Publish the changes

Give that a go and let us know if it helps! You may also be able to replay your failed tasks in your Zap History after making the change as well. 🙂

Thank you Jesse.   I did run through those steps but still getting this error sent to my email?  

OK it's not fixed yet.  The ZAP is working just fine but I keep getting an error message sent to my inbox?    I ran through the steps that you mentioned above again. I actually made a complete new Zap and deleted the old one but the problem remains?   Please help.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Amedee - thanks for reaching out. 

I double checked and it looks like you were able to open a ticket with my friends in support, which is perfect. I’ll include their advice below. If this doesn’t do the trick, I’d recommend continuing to follow up with the team in your ticket.

Looking at our logs, it shows that the ClickSend API is returning an invalid recipient error.

With that, could you please try manually typing a number in this format +61411111111 to the To field and test the Zap? This is only for testing purposes to check that format would work.

Also, I noticed that most of the error of your Zap runs is not about the format of the phone number but due to the phone number being blank. It seems that most of your parsed email doesn't contain any phone number at all. Can you please check that?

I hope this helps get you back on track!