Question

Required field "Search Term" (keyword) is missing. Bubble

• 2 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Having an issue with finding a record, My data out in step one looks good but this error keeps happening, AI suggested: 

The error message indicates that the “Search Term” (keyword) field is missing in the Bubble step of your Zap. This field is required for the action to execute properly. The keyword is being pulled from the previous step’s output data with the key {{217741663__assigned_email_text}}. However, in the output data of the previous step, there is no key named __assigned_email_text.

To resolve this issue, you need to ensure that the keyword is correctly mapped from the previous step’s output data. In your case, it seems like you might want to use the “Assigned Email” field from the previous step. So, you should replace {{217741663__assigned_email_text}} with {{217741663__Assigned Email}} in the input data for the Bubble step. This will correctly map the “Assigned Email” from the previous step to the “Search Term” in the Bubble step.

I am just using the dropdown of the result of step one for this? Any ideas?

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Screenshots of zap and error

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Otso86,

It looks like there’s a curly braces in the “Search Term” field when the Zap ran.

281aa38aafa567d53ab63b5b83de692c.png
(view larger)

Whenever you see those {{...}} curly braces around entries in the Data In of an action, this means that there is a field mapped there in the Zap Editor, but when the Zap ran live this data was not sent from a previous step.

Could you please try loading in a new sample data from the trigger and remapping the data on the “Search Term” field of your action step?

Please keep me posted!

Userlevel 1
Badge

So that is the issue. The search term is assigned_email_text (loads from the previous step in the dropdown) which doesnt match. I have tried manually removing the word “text” from the search term but to no avail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @Otso86! 👋

Hope you don’t mind me hopping in here to see if I can lend a hand. For cases like this where fields in a test record have differently named fields than how they are named when the Zap runs live, there’s a workaround you can try of manually mapping fields.

You can find out more about how to do that here:

Can you give that a try and let me know if that works?