Question

Quickbooks SKU and Shipping Paid Don't Seem To Be Pulling Into Zapier

• 4 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Any idea why the SKU (most important) but also the shipping amount paid are not being pulled in as variables to choose from in Zapier? So I’m connecting QB to Shipstation (SS) and inside of SS there’s the option to add the SKU and Shipping Paid. These are both distinct line items in QB, but for some reason these items don’t show up when choosing the QB variables in the SS. I’ve tried setting up a new zap to reconnect everything, ran multiple testing options, tested other variables to see if maybe they’d pull in the info, but nothing seems to be working.

In the QB setup when I choose the “Test” invoice, these items aren’t showing there either as variables being pulled in.

So is there a way to force these variables to be pulled in so they can be added to SS when sending orders to be shipped?

Below shows the QB variable line-items in QB that aren’t coming over.

• Product/Service come over, Descriptions as well, QTY, Unit Price, but no SKU.
  • Invoice Total comes over but the Shipping and discount are not with shipping being the more important of those 2.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CBDG 

To help give us context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Userlevel 1

Here are the 2 zap flows im using.

Do you need more details than this? These are just prebuilt.

The shipstation flow came from shipstation. You can see in image.

Let me know if you need screenshots of all the variables and line items.
But basically what happens is the QB connects to my QB account and then pulls in the invoice details. But is not pulling in everything. So then when i get to SS, there’s no SKU or shipping paid.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CBDG 

Help articles for using QBO in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/quickbooks/help

This related FAQ may explain why...

The SKU field isn't available on the Create Invoice actions

SKUs are set on the product and cannot be manually written to the invoice, so that's why this field is unavailable.
If you select the correct Line Item/Product, then the SKU will automatically pull in to the invoice.

Try adding this Zap action.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone thanks for the suggestion. Still not working. Same info from my current action shows in this action which none of the Line Items/Product options include the SKU. There are about 4 options and I’ve tried them all. They just literally pull in product or product description and that’s all. No SKU.

Same issue with the “Shipping Paid” line. Still doesn’t exist.

Guess maybe we just have to live with this from QB integration. I have one more idea im going to try inside of SS to see if maybe this will work. I’ll keep you posted if it does!

If you have any other suggestions, please share

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CBDG 

If the Product name is returned, then have you tried using this Zap action?

Try adding this Zap action.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Am i doing this correctly? I’ve attached the flow below.
Also, once i go into this zap you mention above, I see the exact same items as I do from my original zap flow. And nothing pulls that SKU info in. So my guess is I must be setting it up incorrectly??

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CBDG 

When in doubt, test it out.

Try this line item related variable that may be the Product Name.

Or scroll to see if there are other line item related variables to test.