Skip to main content

I am concerned becuase I have seen this issue in previous posts but have not seen a reasonable resolution… I am hoping a true fix has been identified.

When attemptiong to create an estimate for an existing customer. I continue receiveing the error message 

When the customer doesn’t already exist, the new customer record and estimate are both created as expect and this only occurs when the customer name/display name already exist.

Anyone solve this issue before?

Hi @stevenandrew, welcome to the Community! 👋

I did some checking and found there’s a bug report open for this issue where Find Customer search actions with the create option enabled are not finding a match and erroring when attempting to create the customer. So I’ve gone ahead and added you to the bug report which helps to increase it’s priority, but we can’t give an estimate on when you can expect a fix to be implemented.

We’ll contact you by email as soon as it’s resolved, in the meantime there’s a workaround noted on the bug report that you might want to try:

Workaround: (Requires Pro plan or higher, or substitude with duplicate Zap and Filter by Zapier.)

• Use Find Customer in QuickBooks Online (instead of Find/Create), so
  • Untick "Create QuickBooks Online Customer if it doesn’t exist yet?" and set "Should this step be considered a "success" when nothing is found?" to True
  • Use Path A (for instance) to continue the Zap if a match was found
  • Use Path B with a Create Customer in QuickBooks Online step if no match was found

Hopefully that workaround helps to get your Zap up and running. If you run into any trouble setting it up or if there’s anything else I can assist with please let me know! 🙂

I also receive this error message when the customer already exists as a vendor or vice versa.

Sorry to here you’re running into this same issue, @xxalyr1hy

I’ve checked the bug report and it appears you’ve already been added by our Support team. There’s no updates on this at the moment but we’ll definitely be in touch as soon as a fix has been shipped. I’d recommend giving the suggested workaround above a try to see if that helps to get things working in the meantime. 🤞

We are running into this exact issue - I have submitted a ticket to your support team. Is there a resolution at this time (besides the clunky workaround)?

The workaround does not work for us, as we have followup steps after this step, which would require extensive duplication and forking.

Hi @zappydappy,

I have added you as another affected member of the bug. We cannot provide an ETA for when the bug will be fixed. However, we will keep you updated via email once it is resolved. Unfortunately, there are no other workarounds for this issue other than the one mentioned in this thread.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Did this get fixed? I see an update on my QuickBooks steps.

Hi @Blue Water Surrender Inc 👋

There was an update released last week but I’ve just checked on the bug report and it’s still open. We’ve added you to the list of folks being affected by this. I can’t make any promises as to when it will be resolved by but adding you to it does help to increase it’s priority and allows us to notify you by email as soon as it’s been resolved. In the meantime, hopefully the workaround shared earlier in this thread will help to get things working for you. 🙂

I’ve been having this issue for years now. This is something that really needs to be fixed.

Hi @elmarco,

I’m really sorry for the inconvenience this bug has cause you.

Your contact information has been added to the bug report, and we will keep you posted via email once the bug has been resolved.

I understand that our current bug handling process may seem unclear. We are constantly working behind the scenes, but unfortunately, we are only able to provide updates once the bug is fixed. I want to emphasize that a lot of work is happening even if it may not seem that way.

Handling bugs is quite challenging due to the large number of integrations on Zapier (over 5,000), resulting in constantly shifting priorities. Additionally, some variables are beyond our control, such as dependencies on our partners to make changes. This makes it difficult to provide accurate timeframes for bug fixes.

In summary, please know that we have noted the bug and are working diligently to resolve it as swiftly as possible. We will be sure to notify you as soon as it is fixed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.