Best answer

Odoo CRM error: XML-RPC fault, access denied console logs:

• 2 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Hello everyone 

I’m trying to integrate Facebook Lead Ads (for business Admins) with Odoo. The goal here is : each time I get a new lead on one of my Facebook Ads forms, I want an oppotunity to be created in my odoo CRM, in a specific step.

Here is the main issue i run into : each time I try and connect Odoo, the authentification process works, but when i test it, it goes as below

Has anyone faced this issue before ? How have you solved it ?

Also to add complexity : I have different sub accounts in the same odoo CRM, so i want my zap to go in one of the specific subaccounts.

Anyone knows how that can be done ?

Thanks a bunch

icon

Best answer by ken.a 26 February 2024, 08:04

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Margaux DS 

Admin/owner permissions: Only works with instances that are hosted at odoo.com and will not work for self-hosted instances.
For self-hosted instances, use the OpenERP integration.

Help: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/18834378921997-How-to-get-started-with-Odoo-ERP-Self-Hosted-on-Zapier

Hi @Troy Tessalone ! 

Thank you very much for you answer and help.

Proceeded as suggested and got this error :

Plus, in the action menu, it doesn’t look like I can create a lead/opportunity in one specific subaccount, in only suggests to create one in the global DB.

Would you know more about that by any chance ?

Thanks in advance and again for your help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Margaux DS 

The error indicates access denied which may be related to permissions.

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support for possible guidance: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I also encountered the same error

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Margaux DS and @Navee,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the error you’re running into when using the “Create Lead” action of Odoo CRM is a known bug.  Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I've added your email addresses as another affected members. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

I’m so sorry for the inconvenience that the bug has caused you.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I am encountering the same issue as described above. 

Failed to create a lead in Odoo CRM

Error: XML-RPC fault: Access Denied Console logs:

How/when will this be fixed?

Posting here as I am also experiencing the same error and would love a resolution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @alexandra.lara and @LOKOPAck,

I wanted to inform you that you have been added to the open bug report as another affected members. Unfortunately, there are no workarounds available for this issue at the moment. However, we will keep you updated via email once the bug has been fixed.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.