Best answer

Microsoft Office 365 error: Required field "First Name" (givenName) is missing. Can't read properties of undefined (reading 'webhook_id')

• 22 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Edit -

it has picked up  a new contact now, and from the fields in the new contact I think I’ve dealt with the missing field (I assume the newer contacts in books have a different field name?)

I now still have the issue in my comment below about “Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'webhook_id')”

thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m trying to set a zap to create a new contact in office 365 when a new customer is added to Zoho Books.  At the testing stage the only contact that it can find is one from 2 years ago.  When running the zap I get an error that:

Failed to create a contact in Microsoft Office 365

Required field "First Name" (givenName) is missing.

The test data does have the first name field (although it isn’t called givenname).

I’m assuming it is failing as it isn’t pulling any actual new contacts so it falls over at this stage?

I’m assuming that the Zoho token is ok as I have another working Zap which creates new customers in Zoho Books when they make an appointment in Zoho Booking.  n.b not all of my contacts are created in Books that way, so I don’t think this would be the root cause of it not finding new contacts.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 23 May 2023, 05:05

View original

4 replies

looks like I have more issues than this too.  The Zap could not be switched on because:

what does this mean/ how to fix

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @JoPedder,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like you're not alone in experiencing the issue of "Cannot read property 'webhook_id' of undefined". It turns out that this is a known bug related to the Zoho Books integration. Our team is aware of the issue and we're working with Zoho Books on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this bug. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask in the Community. We're always here and more than happy to assist you!

Thanks Ken A I found another post from about a year ago with the same situation.  Seems it isn’t a priority for Zoho to fix, despite them using Zap integration in their marketing!

I wonder if there is a way to leap frog this - Zoho books to another service, then into office 365, or is the issue pulling the data from books specifically, rather than an interaction between Zoho and Office?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @JoPedder,

Your idea of using an intermediary service to bridge Zoho Books and Office 365 could indeed be a viable workaround. This would involve setting up a multi-step Zap that first sends data from Zoho Books to another service, and then from that service to Office 365.

I recommend reaching out to our Zapier Experts for more personalized assistance. They can help you design and implement complex workflows, including potential workarounds for limitations between specific services.

You can reach out to our Zapier Experts by visiting this link: https://zapier.com/experts

Hopefully, this helps! 😊