Question

Insert data into mysql autoincrement field

• 18 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello, first zap so go easy on me please if this seems obvious to you.

I am inserting data from Sprintful booking form into a mysql table. It throws an error and from what I can see its at the insert end. I have an autoincrement field so impossible to pass a value until the record is created.

Has anyone come across this at all? Im nbot even sure its that field that is causing the error but all others look fine.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @garybrett17 

For us to have more context, we would need to see screenshots of the encountered error along with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode to see the field types and field descriptions.

Hi @Troy Tessalone,

I dived into this a bit deeper and it may not actually be the field I assumed. It now appears the issue is with how Zapier are creating the json file. (according to Sprintful)

In my Sprintful form, I have a custom field called ‘PostCode’, when I check the steps in Zapier, the data its collecting seems to be a merge of all data as below. This means I am unable to extract the custom field data from Sprintful. The NW7 2QD from below is the value it should collect and pass to mysql but it tries to insert all this data which is where the error lies.

test.user@rbht.nhs.uk,testuser,NW7 2QD,Yes,true,true,inline,google-ads,nhs-workers,first homes scheme nhs,1*14qvjeu*_up*MQ..,EAIaIQobChMIse6gp53OhQMVaZRQBh1ZKgSuEAAYASAAEgJ8LvD_BwE

This is the field I am trying to insert, it then proceeds to insert all the data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@garybrett17 

Check this related guide for how to convert the Q&A arrays to individual fields that you can map.