Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

I’ve set up a Zap to automatically post new content from my RSS feed to my Facebook page. The posts are successfully created, but I’ve noticed that the images from my blog posts aren’t showing up in the Facebook posts. Instead, only the link and text are being posted.

Does anyone know how to configure the Zap or RSS feed so that the images are included in the Facebook posts? Any advice on settings or additional steps I might be missing would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi @SantePlus,

You can select the RSS by Zapier app and the New Item in Feed trigger in your Zap. Pull in samples after entering your RSS feed URL to ensure the image URL is coming through correctly. It often comes through in fields like 'media,' 'image,' or 'enclosure.' Move to your Facebook Pages action if the image URL comes through correctly. In the 'Create a Page Post' action, there is a field called 'Photo URL.' Here, you should map the image URL from your RSS feed. Click on the 'Photo URL' field, and a dropdown with fields from your RSS feed will appear. Select the appropriate image URL field. Finish setting up your Facebook Pages action and test the step. It should now post with the image included.

If your RSS feed isn't pulling in an image URL, you may need to adjust the settings on your website or blog to ensure it includes images in the RSS feed. Hope this helps.

Hi @JammerS,

Thank you for your detailed instructions. However, I noticed that the attribute 'Photo URL' does not exist in the 'Create a Page Post' action in Zapier. Could you please clarify or provide an alternative solution?

Best regards,

Hi there @SantePlus,

I understand you'd like to have images appear in the new Facebook page post instead of a link when the Zap runs, is that correct? If so, it looks like this is currently a feature request. I've located this request, and I've added you as an interested user to it. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps.

Hi there @ken.a ,

Thank you for adding me to the feature request for having images appear in the new Facebook page post instead of a link. I appreciate your efforts to bring this to the attention of the integration developers.

In the meantime, I'd like to ensure that the og:image tag appears for the post, as it sometimes shows up and sometimes doesn't. Is there a way to make this more consistent?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Hi @SantePlus,

I believe this is all done on Facebook side of things and Zapier has no control over this since we’re only sending the URL. Here’s what it says on our notes, Facebook will pull in images associated with the link. Facebook will first look at the link for Facebook’s OG (Open Graph) tags > then failing that it will scrape the page for another better link > favoring bigger images with a rectangle ratio.

Images it likes are:

• For high-res displays, use images that are at least: 1200 x 630.
  • The minimum recommended image size is 600 x 315.
  • Images smaller than 600 x 315 will be displayed, but thumbnail will be smaller.
  • The absolute minimum image size is 200 x 200.
  • Images under 200 x 200 will not be displayed.

Hopefully, this helps!