Skip to main content
Best answer

Google Ads error: Required field "Google Click ID (GCLID)" (gclid) is missing

• 3 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I’m trying to send offline conversions from our CRM to Google Ads.

In the Zap I am sending GCLID, phone number, and email address fields to increase the likelihood of Google Ads being able to match the opportunity with a click -- as recommended in the Zap interface as shown below.

The issue is, that when the conversion includes only the email and phone number as described in the screenshot as option 2, the Zap stops as shown below.

Here’s an example of an attempt to submit a test record that only includes email and phone with all three fields included in the possible field list.

When I revise the list of possible indentifier sources to just include email and phone number, the record does go through.

So the question is, do I need to set up individual zaps for every combination of identifiers in order for all the conversions to go through? That seems pretty arduous and would likely cause a lot of redundant tasks.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @KGib 

Try using Paths: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288555917

Use a Path for each of the possible combos for your data.

• If the Identifier Sources has 3 selections, then it expects those 3 values.
  • If the Identifier Sources has 2 selections, then it expects those 2 values.
  • If the Identifier Sources has 1 selection, then it expects that 1 value.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @KGib,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

Userlevel 1

Yes! Thank you.

I would suggest revising the language in note during setup so that’s a bit clearer!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @KGib! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗