Question

Failed to find a thread in Twist: The app returned "Resources not found"

I am trying to use the “Find Thread” action for Twist, but there is absolutely zero guidance as to how to perform the search query.

I want to find a thread titled “Apr 07 2023”, I use a previous step that formats a date with this format, and I use it here, to no avail.

The thread does exist, and I do have permission to type, edit and everything in that group and thread in twist. I tried manually typing “Apr 07 2023” without selecting the output of a previous step, I tried typing it inside quote marks, I tried using {{title: Apr 07 2023}}, but nothign really works.

Does anyone know how the search queries are performed?

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Ibon,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please send a screenshot of the thread in Twist? Please don’t include/blur out any personal information in the screenshot.

Thanks! 😊

Absolutely, is this enough? The thread is empty. FWIW, I tried adding the “Engineering Scrum” part ast well in multiple ways, but nothing is ever found.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Ibon,

Thank you for sharing the screenshot and providing additional information, that's really helpful!

Hmm, it does seem a bit strange. Have you had a chance to try using the "Find Thread by Id" action step?

Keep us posted, thanks! 😊

Yes, that works just fine

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Ibon 

I think Ken meant to use the Find Thread by Id instead. Is everything fine now?

I mean Find thread by Id works, but it's not what I want to use. I want to be able to pull each daily thread posted, which varies with the daily month and date in the title. That's why I want to learn how to perform a succesful search query, search by ID is useless in this case (each day I have a new thread with a new ID)

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Ibon 

Could you send screenshots of how you’ve configured the Zap so far? (If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

That’ll help me make sure I give you the best suggestion possible.

Looking forward to your response!

Nothing outstanding, really.

Schedule a daily zap, create one Linear issue for each team, format the trigger date to match the Twist thread format created daily (MMM/DD/YY), then try and find that Twist thread - this iis where I get the error and I can’t find a way to perform the thread search

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Ibon,

I'm sorry to say that I've used up all my resources trying to figure out why the "Find Thread in Twist" action isn't working as expected. My best suggestion would be to get in touch with our Support Team, who can delve into the logs and uncover the underlying reason for this problem. They'll be happy to assist you further!

Thanks! 😊