Skip to main content
Best answer

Failed to create a conversation event in Google Analytics 4: Google may be having issues with their API

I’m trying to connect with Google Analytics 4 and I’m unable to send event measurements over. I receive the following error:

Screenshot 1 - when I try to create a new measurement

Screenshot 2 - when I try to create a new event conversion

56 replies

We’ve been having the same issue since last year. We’re extremely disappointed that there’s so little transparency nor communication around this topic. Even Support doesn’t get updated on the progress of this issue, which leaves absolutely everyone in the dark. 

It would be greatly appreciated if the developers would give a status update after nearly a year of this ongoing issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @Pluginvest. And can totally understand the disappointment here, I’m sorry we’ve not been able to provide more details on the progress of this bug. I’ve checked on the bug report and unfortunately there’s still no updates I can share at the moment. I’ve added you to the list of users being affected so that we can notify you as soon as it’s officially resolved. I’ve also reached out to the developers about this and will report back here with an update as soon as I can.

In the meantime, the last time I checked it appeared to be working. I tried creating a conversion event and that was added without error:
7e381fdf266e6383e2ed3612fedeb63b.png

And I was again able to load a Data Stream successfully:
0717d611ddb610d5c667a3388ca8e6f1.png

So I’m wondering if something may have changed on Google’s end that means it now requires different/higher permissions to be able to access the Data Streams. Can you confirm what role/permissions the connected Google Account you’re using currently has? 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

@SamB 
I've been facing the same issue since last year.
Please let me know when it's resolved. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Really sorry you’re being affected by this as well @idigital. I’ve added you to the list so we’ll be in touch via email once it’s been resolved. 

Please add me to the list to be notified of this fix as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You got it, @MW02! I’ve added you to the list so you’ll be among the first to be notified once a fix has been shipped. 🙂