Best answer

Extracting custom Asana fields from "Data Custom Fields Dislpay" with "text to line item" using Zapier

• 30 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to extract the custom fields of my asana task by using zapier transform to separate the “data custom fields dislpay” by comma. 

From my understanding, zapier batches all of the custom fields values from an asana task in to one “data custom fields dislpay”. I am trying to separate them in to discrete fields I can use to generate a custom text.

Pre Transform:

Transform: 

Post Transform:

The separating seems to be working, however, when I look at the output it has once again batched everything together. I was hoping to be able to pull specific items. Output 1: 555-555-5555, Output 2: RNA etc…

Thank you for your help!

icon

Best answer by ken.a 30 January 2024, 11:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Sugi1999,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Have you tried using the Utilities in Formatter - Line-item to Text action and use the comma as your separator? Based on your screenshot it looks like you’re using the Text to Line-item action.

Please let me know if that works.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

that was it!! Thank you so much! I am now able to get my items as individual outputs

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @Sugi1999! I’m glad I was able to help!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Happy Zapping! ⚡️