Best answer

Eventbrite & Zoom Webinar: Getting an error - The app returned "Webinar host can not register for the webinar

• 15 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

I’ve a problem with my zap. I would like to send automatically all my new regristants in eventbrite on a zoom webinar.

I’ve this error. Do you know what is the problem please ?

Thank you for your help!

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting. 

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 15 April 2022, 14:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hello,

This is just a matter of using sample data. The email address that was pulled in from the Eventbrite trigger is likely the same email address you used in Zoom to create the webinar. So, when Zapier tries to send the registrant to Zoom it gets an error because the host cannot also be an attendee. 

To test the zap and see if it is working try putting a different email address in that field. Then you can go back and select the email address from the trigger step. Or submit a new registration in Eventbrite that does not use the same email address as the host of the Zoom Webinar. It should work just fine after that!

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Bridge Media 

Good question.

Here’s a help article about how to change the trigger test data to configure and test Zap steps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Thank you for your help!!!!