Question

Error in the integration between Pipefy and DocuSign: INVALID_REQUEST_PARAMETER: The request contained at least one invalid parameter.

• 18 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Good afternoon, everyone!

I've created an automation that integrates the process flow platform Pipefy with DocuSign. When a card is moved from phase A to phase B, a trigger is fired, and the next action is to send the document attached to the Pipefy card via DocuSign. However, when I perform the test, the following error message occurs:

Failed to create an envelope using document in Docusign
Could not create signature request: INVALID_REQUEST_PARAMETER: The request contained at least one invalid parameter. A document was defined without setting the 'name' field.

Here's how the flow of this automation works:

Pipefy

The trigger is fired when a card is moved from phase A to phase B.

Figure 1

DocuSign

When the trigger is fired, send the document attached to the card (Pipefy) by sending an envelope (DocuSign)

Figure 2

Figure 3

In the Document field, sample fields were linked for testing. I noticed that in the Zapier documentation, fields that are of type Text will be converted into .TXT files.

Figure 4

Some important details to highlight are that in the configuration of the Moved Card event, it is not possible to select the source phase and the destination phase (Figure 1). And in the Email Body field (Figure 3), it's noticeable that the Moved by - Name field is showing as No data.

I deduce that this may have some relation to the problem.

I've read some recent threads about this issue, and the majority of responses indicate that it's a bug with no estimated time for resolution.

I'm using the free version, so unfortunately, I don't have access to email support. I was considering purchasing this tool, but it would be ideal if at least this automation flow worked to justify the investment.

Whoever can assist me with this issue, I'll be very grateful!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @sinapse2024 

Check the Document field description for guidance.

The Document field expects a valid file object or a publicly accessible file URL, rather than 2 text values.

Help for sending files in Zaps: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288813453

rHi @sinapse2024 

Check the Document field description for guidance.

The Document field expects a valid file object or a publicly accessible file URL, rather than 2 text values.

Help for sending files in Zaps: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288813453

Hi, @Troy Tessalone 

Thank you for the response.

I read the description of this field and understood that I should link it to a file type field. In this case, I linked it to this type of field (Figure 1), which brought the access URL as the value. However, upon testing, the same error occurs.

Figure 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sinapse2024 

For us to have context about the error, we would need to see updated screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

@sinapse2024

For us to have context about the error, we would need to see updated screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

@Troy Tessalone, sure.

Trigger: When a card is moved from phase A to phase B

Selecting an example card.
The card contains customer data, so some data has been modified for security.

Action: Send envelope with document (which is attached to the card)

In the Document field, the field that receives attachments was selected. The displayed value is the URL for downloading the file.

Before testing the Action.

Error:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sinapse2024 

This is not a valid file object or a file url.

The value has [“ and “]