Best answer

Error: "expired account" when trying to connect SoundCloud account

When trying to set up a Zapier shortcut, which would upload my new Soundcloud likes to a Google Drive, Zapier is telling me my Soundcloud account is expired (see attached picture). Not sure what that means, as I can use the SC account just fine. 

This seems to be the same issue as described in this discussion, just in that case it’s a Youtube account and not Soundcloud.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 8 September 2022, 16:57

View original

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @friendlyneighbour! Hmm, interesting! 

Apologies if you’ve already tried but are you able to give the steps outlined here a shot and see if that resolves the error?

https://zapier.com/help/troubleshoot/behavior/cant-turn-on-or-publish-zap#app-accounts-are-not-connected

Otherwise, it may be worth opening a ticket with my friends in support so they can do a bit more digging with you. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @friendlyneighbour , 

To continue on what @christina.d said, have you tried reconnecting the app by clicking on the “Please Reconnect Here”? This sometimes happens from the App side (like it does for me with RingCentral) BUT once the zap is turned on it doesn't affect it. This also sometimes happen when you change the API key or the password of your account (depending on the authentication method of the app). 

Please let us know if reconnecting the app this way doesn't work. 

Hi @friendlyneighbour , 

To continue on what @christina.d said, have you tried reconnecting the app by clicking on the “Please Reconnect Here”? This sometimes happens from the App side (like it does for me with RingCentral) BUT once the zap is turned on it doesn't affect it. This also sometimes happen when you change the API key or the password of your account (depending on the authentication method of the app). 

Please let us know if reconnecting the app this way doesn't work. 

Hey there! Yes I tried turning on the Zap, but it loads for a couple seconds and then does not turn on, with an error message. I’ve also tried the “Please Reconnect Here” option, which as I described in the support ticket I opened, might sometimes show no issue for maybe 10 seconds or until I reopen the tab or exit to another one (I don’t remember exactly), but ultimately does not connect. I’m not sure what an API key is, but I havent changed my password to Soundcloud or Zapier unless it was to see if that might fix the problem (again don’t quite remember which I account I did change a password recently, if one at all).

Thanks for the help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I wanted to pop in and update this thread in case anyone is having a similar issue. Our support team found that this was related to an issue with SoundCloud authorization and Zapier. 

In case you didn’t see the reply from our team @friendlyneighbour, they have added you to the issue report, which means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update. 

Has this issue been fixed? I’m having the same problem when trying to connect with SoundCloud.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @nadja_s!

This issue hasn’t been fixed yet, I’m sorry about that. I've added you to the list of users who are affected by this, and you'll receive an email if we have any updates about this. 

Hi @nadja_s!

This issue hasn’t been fixed yet, I’m sorry about that. I've added you to the list of users who are affected by this, and you'll receive an email if we have any updates about this. 

Hello i also have the same issue, can i be notified on the fix too ? Greetings :]

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @shao 

I’ve added you to the list of affected members, and we’ll notify you via email once an update is available. Thanks!

Hey, I have exactly the same error. Please let me know when you found a solution. Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @mixi 

I’ve added you to the list of affected members, and we’ll notify you via email once an update is available. Thanks!

Error: "expired account" when trying to connect SoundCloud account

I see it was a problem before, but i haven’t seen anything about a fix.   Just wanting to know there is work around or fix for this issue yet?

Marqs

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Marqs! While we don’t have any updates to share at the moment, I did add you as an impacted user.

This is the best way to stay informed as we’ll email you once a fix is in place. 🙂 Thanks for reaching out and letting us know!

Same bug here, would love to be informed when the update will be available! Thx

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @ju303 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

A 7 month old bug?! You gotta be kidding! 

i have the same problem how can i solve this tho ?

I would like to kindly ask you for solving the issue we all have encountered. 

I am the next one affected user to be added to the list of those awaiting for an update.

I am having the same issue.  Could you add me to the list of users affected?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @StuartWooster@Shushan@t0man and @Voyager640! 👋

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re all running into this same issue as well. I’ve added you all to the list of affected users. There doesn't appear to be any workarounds for this at present but we’ll be sure to share any that we come across here.

I can’t make any promises as to when this will be resolved by but we’ll definitely send you all a notification by email as soon as it is! 🙂

I am having this same issue! Please add me to the list. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You got it, @Chaser! I’ve added you to the list of affected users too. We’ll be in touch by email once it’s sorted!

You got it, @Chaser! I’ve added you to the list of affected users too. We’ll be in touch by email once it’s sorted!

I also am need of this help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey the, @Muhammad Digital Strategist - thanks for letting us know! I’ve added you. 🙂

I am having this same issue! Please add me to the list. 

New member, requesting the same thing 

Userlevel 1

OMG it’s been almost a year, might as well remove Soundcloud from supported list.

same issue,btw