Best answer

Duplicated Trello label detection Zap failing to detect new records

• 28 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, I’m trying to use a zap that detects a new label added to a card on multiple Trello boards. As far as I can tell this requires a zap for each board. I have this working nicely on one board, but when I duplicate the zap and change the board it will not detect new records for that board. The new board I’m trying to use is a renamed duplicate of the first board, so the labels, etc. are all the same, and Zapier seems to be detecting that the board exists and all the label names on it. When I test, no records appear. I’ve tried many times to add a variety of labels (including default labels) before, during, and after testing with no results. When trying a different trigger it does detect new records. I haven’t tested this exhaustively but it seems specific to the “new label added” trigger. The weird part is when I create a new zap from scratch and use the same setting, board, etc., it does detect new records. Furthermore, when duplicating the zap and leaving the board the same

The only difference I see is the fact that it’s a duplicate Zap. I’ve tried creating a new board rather than duplicating, and also tried using older existing boards. When ignoring the test and publishing the Zap it doesn’t run when the label is added.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

icon

Best answer by Jasonberg 13 December 2023, 02:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jasonberg 

Good question.

If you suspect an issue with the duplicating of a Zap, then you can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

I contacted support and it turns out this is a known issue. Duplicating a Zap that uses the instant trigger “New Label added to card” and then changing the board will result in the new Zap failing to detect activity on the new board.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for looping back for an update here @Jasonberg, and I’m sorry to hear about the issue being a bug.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help.