Best answer

DocuSign error: INVALIDREQUESTPARAMETER: The request contained at least one invalid parameter.

• 15 November 2023
  • 37 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to set up a 3 step integration with Monday.com, Google Docs and Docusign Integration. The Monday and GDoc Steps seems to have gone through without an issue. However, after setting all the fields on the Docusign Step, it errors out with this error:

Could not create signature request: INVALID_REQUEST_PARAMETER: The request contained at least one invalid parameter. A document was defined without setting the 'name' field.

I cant seem to find the ‘Name’ field that is “Invalid”

Please find below screenshots for the steps and the fields
if someone could please help me out with this, that would be absolutely fantastic

There is one more field and the option to continue to the next step

Below is all of the fields available in the DocuSign Step

But when its time to test it, this is the error I am met with

Could you please help me spot the issue?
Thank you!

icon

Best answer by ken.a 8 December 2023, 07:47

View original

37 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @sortolo,

I appreciate you reporting this to us.

I have added you to the open bug report. While we can’t provide an exact ETA for the bug’s fix. However, we will keep you in the loop via email once the bug has been fixed.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Hi @Iroda,

I have added you as another affected member. We will keep you informed via email once the bug has been fixed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

This bug seem to be open for months now. Please remove this feature from the DocuSign ZAP until the bug is fixed. It doesn’t look too good offering a feature in a paid service that doesn’t work. Not to mention the extra effort caused to clients who try to investigate if they did something wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Iroda,

I completely understand your frustrations and I’m very sorry for the inconvenience this bug has caused you.

I’d recommend relaying this to DocuSign’s Support Team since they are the ones who maintains and manage their integration with Zapier.

@ken.a please add me to the list of affected users so I can be notified when this is resolved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @glem,

I have added you as another affected member. We will keep you informed via email once the bug has been fixed.

Thank you.

Hi there! I’d also like to be kept informed about this bug.

In the meantime does anyone have any work arounds? I would also move off Docusign if there was a similar system.

Hi there!

I’ve got this exact same issue, has anyone else found a workaround for this? Extrememly frustrating.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Jon Ashore, and @harrisonking,

I have added you to the open bug report as another affected members. Unfortunately, there are no available workaround for this at the moment. With that said, we will keep you updated via email once the bug has been fixed.

Hello @ken.a  any update on this yet?  I tried with Google Drive and Dropbox.  Even went to Docusign and gave permissions to both of those applications.    When using Dropbox and doing a direct download dl=1 vs dl=0 link, it seemed like it really wanted to work but didn’t.   It would be really appreciated if your team is able to resolve this.   

If anyone can recommend another application where you can apply a signature request template to a dynamic document, please let me know - thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @AMT,

Unfortunately, we can’t provide an ETA regarding for the fix of this bug. This is because DocuSign is managed by their developers who are responsible for updating and maintaining their integration with Zapier. I suggest reaching out to them for any updates regarding this bug.

Moreover, I have added you to the list of affected members. We will keep you informed via email as soon as the bug has been fixed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hey there,

same issue here:

1. Uploading a new attachment to Google Drive from Gmail
  2. Creating an envelope on Docusign

but I receive the same error message as everyone else. Can you add my email to the same open bug report?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @rasakl,

I have added you to the open bug report as another affected member. We will keep you in the loop via email once the bug has been fixed.