Best answer

Asana Task Error (Not a recognized ID)

• 10 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, folks!  I hope you’re having a lovely day thus far.

I am trying to set up a zap so that anytime a Zoom event is scheduled, it creates a task in Asana. Everything seems to be set up properly, but when I test it, I get this error:

Failed to create a task in Asana The app returned `{"message":"task: Not a recognized ID: 1020230700"} What happened: Executing creates.task_section.operation.perform with bundle {"message":"task: Not a recognized ID: 1020230700"} Console logs: ` as error, which we cannot read.

I've tried to change Zoom to Google Calendar, to ensure Zoom is not the issue, and I get the same error. I've also tried different projects and sections with no luck.

I’ve attached screenshots for reference.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Very best,

Bela 😊

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 10 January 2023, 21:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DeviBela 

Good question.

Try using this Zap action: Asana - Create Task

If you’re using the Asana Add Task to Section Zap action, then the Task field expects the Asana Task ID.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Troy just beat me to this. (Nicely done, Troy)

But yes, I just replicated this on my end and sure enough - the error message being thrown is because it’s looking for an existing task somewhere in Asana so it can move it. It can’t find it, so it throws the super cryptic error message that basically says “I can’t find a task by that name.”

If you had the task already created somewhere, the action you chose would be the right one. But since you need it to create a new task, the one Troy suggested is the right way to handle it! It will still let you choose the Project and Section too.

Thank you so much, @Troy Tessalone!  That worked like a charm!  I appreciate your help and quick response!

And thank you, @Jillian, for testing it to see if you got the same result!  

You all are the best!   Cheers!