Best answer

Zap failing due to new information from Airtable not being replayed

• 4 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

So I have replay on incase a zap fails with an Airtable integration. I have noticed an issue where it will see that a new record comes into view in airtable and if there is an issue it will stop it and reschedule. Totally fine, I get notified and fix the data in airtable that was missing or wrong. 

The issue is that after I fix the data in airtable and try to replay the zap, Zapier is still only using that records old information and is not pulling the updated fields. Any idea how to fix this? Seems like a huge issue not to replay the whole zap instead of just everything after what did go through.

icon

Best answer by chrisfinck 2 March 2021, 19:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Perhaps it would make sense to add more validations to how data is being added to the Airtable, more filters for the Airtable view, and/or filters in the Zap in order to avoid the errors and having to replay them.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Perhaps it would make sense to add more validations to how data is being added to the Airtable, more filters for the Airtable view, and/or filters in the Zap in order to avoid the errors and having to replay them.

Thats fair and I have thought about it, the issue is this is a zap that fires when a new record comes into a view...specifically there is a state field that it needs to be the full state name instead of the abbreviation to work, but its a form that is submitted by thousands of people so we are unable to catch them all at the moment. I may look into reworking the airtable form to catch this issue before being zapped.

But besides the possible solution, any ideas how I can replay the “new record in view” so that it can run the full zap?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Best practice is to standardize data where possible.

Airtable has a Single Select field type that can be used for the State column:

https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042806873-Single-select-field

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Here’s Zapier’s help article about replaying Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/manage/tasks/replay-failed-tasks-in-zaps

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@chrisfinck Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@chrisfinck Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

Nope all good. I ended up just using a specific ID to pull information

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@chrisfinck Glad to hear it - reach out if you ever get stuck again.