Best answer

When the event is triggered in Calendly, I get wrong data when formatting date/time for my Zap.

• 18 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey, y’all.

I’m trying to reformat a date/time in one of my Zaps and I can’t figure out why it keeps coming out with the wrong data.

The trigger is an event booked in Calendly. That is being correctly received, in terms of when the event will take place (May 11th, 2022 at 10am)—

Here’s the rest of the set-up.  My goal is to get it to come out as May 11 2022 10:00:00—

BUT, it keeps coming out with this, which I think is just spitting out TODAY’S date, and not May 11th, and I don’t see anything (at least myself) that I have incorrectly adjusted—

Does anyone see what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Metagrate_John4man 19 April 2022, 05:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Brandi 

Good question.

Try specifying the From Format:

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Brandi

For the Input, don’t use “Event Start Time Pretty”. Use “Event Start Time” instead. (I believe that’s what it’s called, if not it should be similar.) I’m pretty sure Zapier will figure it out from there without having to specify the From Format.

You most likely also need to set From Time to US/Mountain.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Metagrate_John4man @Troy Tessalone I actually tried both of these suggestions and neither worked :/

Not worth screenshot’ing both to walk you thru each suggestion, because I just deleted the Step fully and then tried again.

Now I’m getting the right date, but not the right time…?! I tried UTC on both To and From and got the same result. BLERGH. Any additional thoughts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Brandi 

Always best to set the From Format

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Brandi , I didn’t anticipate the Event Start Time would include the -06:00. Just change From Timezone back to UTC, but keep To Timezone US/Mountain.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Metagrate_John4man @Troy Tessalone 

The combo of those two things finally worked! Thanks, y’all!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yay! Thanks so much for keeping the Community updated with what worked for you, @Brandi! 🎉