Best answer

Want to move attachment files from ClickUp to Google Drive but getting “File not found” error

Userlevel 1

Hi, I am working on a zap to move attachment files from ClickUp to Google drive but getting error in last step. Google drive is not able to get file from clickup.

Screenshots of  steps where I am getting this error.
​​​​​​

I want this zap to transfer(move) attachment files to my google drive when ever user upload it. If someone zap like this already exist please let me know .

icon

Best answer by SamB 13 August 2021, 16:09

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Abhijay007 - Can you show us a screenshot of the fields configuration in the Google Drive step?

Userlevel 1

@Abhijay007 - Can you show us a screenshot of the fields configuration in the Google Drive step?

Here it is:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Abhijay007 

The File field expects the internal ID of the GDrive File that you want to move.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Abhijay007 

The File field expects the internal ID of the GDrive File that you want to move.

Hi , @Troy Tessalone can I share the fetched data form ClickUp with you? can you tell me which flied id specifically I need to add in this file field in order to move that attached file to my GDrive. In simple words I want to “move” this attached file form clickup to GDrive whenever user uploads the attachment file.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Abhijay007 You’ll need to use Task Attachments URL but it’s a line items field so you’ll need to use a Looping by Zapier → Create Loop From Line Items step before the Google Drive step then map the File field to the file output from the loop.

Edit: Just noticed that you’re trying to move a file. You’ll need to find the file ID in Google Drive first.

Userlevel 1

@Abhijay007 You’ll need to use Task Attachments URL but it’s a line items field so you’ll need to use a Looping by Zapier → Create Loop From Line Items step before the Google Drive step then map the File field to the file output from the loop.

Edit: Just noticed that you’re trying to move a file. You’ll need to find the file ID in Google Drive first.

Hi @ikbelkirasan thanks for suggesting me this looping method. can you please guide me to find that ID in google Drive.

And one more question that why do we need to find ID in google Drive as I am transferring “move” file from clickup to google Drive not drive to clickup, means I want to say that I may need to find ID for attachment file may be in clickup fetched data and then need to use that data in the Gdrive file field in order to move it form clikcup to my drive . Sorry if it sounds silly I am new to zapier.

edit : this looping method didn’t worked out for me it shows this error 

'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Abhijay007 I think that you’re using the wrong action here, you need to use Upload File with the Looping step instead of Move File.

Userlevel 1

@ikbelkirasan I already made a zap which is working fine for me 
Here it is :https://zapier.com/shared/86f70e14c0652aeb05395e178074e54557155fe9
But it is Uploading file on my drive but I wanna know is there is any way to move those files into my drive instead of Uploading.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Abhijay007 You cannot move a file from one app to another because they are isolated from each other. What you would do in this case is upload the file to Google Drive then delete it from ClickUp… but I just had a look at the available actions in ClickUp and didn’t find one that can delete a file.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here and confirm that ikbelkirasan is correct on this - it is not possible “move” files directly between two completely separate apps, or to delete a file using the ClickUp integration. 

Looking at the ClickUp API docs it seems that there isn’t and endpoint for deleting file attachments so it’s not something that could even be achieved by using a Webhooks by Zapier action unfortunately.

The Google Drive Move File action is used for moving files that have already been uploaded to Google Drive into a different folder. So, to add files that are uploaded to ClickUp into Google Drive, the Upload File action is needed.

This would result in identical copies the file existing in both ClickUp and Google Drive. As the original copy of the file in ClickUp cannot be deleted automatically, it would need to be manually deleted within ClickUp directly. :)