Best answer

Updating Podio Item via Kajabi trigger

• 31 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Once a person completes an assessment in Kajabi, I want the persons corresponding item in Podio to be updated, increasing their progress bar. I’m sure it’s super simple but I just can figure it out. 

I will be adding more information from Kajabi into Podio from here but I need to get the initial step sorted first. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 1 April 2020, 00:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @BounceCo 

It’s definitely possible to update a Podio object with Zapier.

How far have you got and where are you stuck?

Userlevel 1

Hey @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 

Where I am stuck is getting Zapier to find and connect to the correct person and add their info.

So, say I have 50 people in Podio and those same people are duplicated in Kajabi. When person A completes an assessment in Kajabi, how do I make sure Zapier pushes that information specifically to Person A, and not person B and C?

I’ve made the Zap (Step 1 - When an assessment is completed in Kajabi) but Step 2 (Update an item in POdio) is where I’m getting stuck. Once I get to “Customise Item” > “Item to Be updated” I can only pick from a list of peoples names, where as I need zapier to make that decision based on the Kajabi information. 

I hope that made sense - Thanks so much for your help :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @BounceCo 

So, what you’ll want to do is add a Podio search tep before the update step - you can search by name, or maybe email - and one of the fields from the returned data will be an Item ID. 

Then, instead of picking someone specific from the “Item To Be Updated” dropdown, switch it to ‘Custom’ and map the ID from the search step.

Userlevel 1

Hey @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 

Thank you so much!!! This is exactly what I was looking for! You have just saved me a lot of time and effort. Much appreciated!