Question

Updating Monday.com Board From A Zapier Table

• 14 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi

I’m trying to string together this work flow:

• I have a Zap that creates a new epic in Jira from the data in a Monday.com item. 
    • The Jira ticket has a custom field to store the Monday.com item id
  • A second Zap that stores data from the Jira epic in a Zap table on a field status change. 
    • The data stored in the Zap Table is the Monday.com item id pulled from the Jira ticket and the status change.

I would now like to have a third Zap that is triggered on a new record being added to the table. That Zap would update the status change in the Monday.com item, matching the correct item through the id in the Zap Table. So something like this: 

If new record in table: 
    if value for Zap Table col “Monday Id” == Monday item id: 

Monday item col “status” = Zap Table col “Monday status”

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SteveS 

Good question.

Try using this Zap action: Monday - Change Multiple Column Values

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

I have looked at that. I can’t seem to figure out how to: 

• Match the ids to ensure I selected the correct row from the Zap table (which should be the most recent row added) 
  • Extract the data from that row. 

To use that feature it wants me to select an Item Id in the Monday board. I won’t know what the Item Id is, that is why I stored it in the Zap table when the user makes the change in Jira. Now that the Zap Table has an event (a new row being created) I want to have a third Zap that pulls the data from the new row (record) and passes it to the correct Item in Monday. Maybe I am not being clear of what I am attempting to do. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SteveS 

It would be helpful to outline a specific example for us to follow the data flow.

Make sure to include screenshots with how each of your Zap steps are configured to give us context.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SteveS 

Seems like this would be the steps of your 3rd Zap:

1. Trigger: Zapier Tables - New Record
  2. Action: Monday - Change Multiple Column Values

@Troy Tessalone - Yes, I think that should be the action as well, but I can’t figure out how to insert the item Id stored in the Zap table into the action. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SteveS 

Have you tried using the ‘Custom’ option to map the dynamic variable for the Monday Item ID from the Zapier Table?