Best answer

Update product prices from Woocommerce to Google Sheets

• 17 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I have a list of products in my google spreadsheets with price information and these are always updated from the Woocommerce platform. In order not to have to update the prices in woocommerce and at the same time in the spreadsheet, I would like to make a zap that every time I update the price of any product in woocommerce, it is also updated in the row of the corresponding spreadsheet.

I tried to create a zap for this myself and it was:

• Trigger: Updated woocommerce product
  • Action 1: Search in the ID column of the spreadsheet of google sheets, the row where the Woocommerce product ID matches
  • Action 2: Update the entire row.

However, this zap executes 2 tasks per minute, I don't know why. If I check the history of tasks they are always the same products that are updated frequently and I don't know why. The problem with this is that although the updates work in the spreadsheet, in two hours the zap consumes me 600 tasks and the plan I want to buy is a maximum of 2000 tasks per month.

I asked support and they told me that they thought that the zap was well done and that they would consider putting a filter, but it does not occur to me which filter to put, all filters are of the type: it contains such text, such date, such number, etc.

Has anyone ever made a similar zap? or can you think of a better way to do it? Please I need help with this, it is the most important thing to automate my workflow.

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 17 November 2020, 18:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You are on the right track! Can you share a screenshot of your trigger set up? and the fields that are returned? 

Updated triggers generally trigger on any update. So that’s why it’s triggering so often.  If we can’t figure out how to filter it, I would love the opportunity to rebuild the trigger for you so it only triggers on updated product prices specifically. 

In the last screenshot:

Producto actualizado: Updated product

Producto creado: Created product

Producto eliminado: Deleted product 

Producto restaurado: Restored product

Tell me if you need more screenshots please.

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Is the only ID field given the “1089” one?

I would guess Zapier triggers every time the date modified field changes in WooCommerce. Can you describe the 3 different price fields? 

Price, regular price, and sales fields?

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like there are many fields from Woocommerce to filter on especially fields that contain data related to the past price that would give any indication that the price has just been updated. 

In short, without information that is returned that is related to the past price, I don’t see anything to filter on. 

My first suggestion would be to consider reversing the flow. That is update the prices on the google sheet and let Zapier update the price in Woocommerce. Google Sheets triggers are specific enough to trigger only on specific columns updates. 

If you want to direct message me, I would also be happy to explore rebuilding the Woocommerce trigger to work more specifically for your needs. 

Exactly, I had the same problem with filters. About the different prices that appear, my idea was to update the two prices in google sheets, regular price and sale price, the first being the normal product price and the second the reduced price.

Since neither trigger fields nor filters allow you to limit product update tasks to only price updates, Is there something that can be done maybe using webhooks?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

If you want to direct message me, I can definitely rebuild the WooCommerce trigger to function for your needs specifically. That way it it only triggers when a products price or reduced price is updated and not just any update to the product. 

Other than that, the easiest solution I see to avoid double entry would be to reverse the flow so that you only update on Google Sheets. 

As you said, it also might be possible to create a new webhook in WooCommerce that is more specific than just “product updated” and Zapier has a way to catch the payload of those hooks. You can find more about that feature in Zapier here: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/integrations