Best answer

Trello zap stopped firing - no response from Zapier for days

• 24 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have a zap that stopped firing and I can’t figure it out. It’s fairly simple. When a card is moved, then it searches for the invoice in Quickbooks, which is stored in a field in Trello and emails the client. Now all it does is nothing. 

In the step to email a client in quickbooks, you can choose an email and it will override what is in quickbooks. Now all it does is delete the customers email address in quickbooks and does nothing. 

This is one of two issues I have now that popped up between quickbooks and zapier. Is the zapier connector broken? I can’t see anything with either zap that should cause an issue. No error is reported for this one.

Clearly it finds the invoice, because it then deletes the default email for that invoice, but then it never sends anything. At one point I tested this and it worked. 

icon

Best answer by Bellevuefineart 26 May 2020, 23:44

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Bellevuefineart ,

Thanks for reaching out- sorry you are encountering this issue!

I see Paolo in Support has responded to both tickets regarding the Quickbooks integration, requesting a bit more information to troubleshoot. Could you take a look in your Spam folder, search for “Zapier,” to see if they perhaps made their way there? They look to have been sent on 5/24.

Please let us know if the emails did not reach you! Eager to help you get sorted here!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks Liz

I did find his response over the weekend. I’m doing the things he requested to troubleshoot why this is happening. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

It turns out that the zap is firing, but here’s what happens. In the zap selection for quickbooks → send invoice, there is a field for the email address to send the invoice to. it says “this email will be used instead of the default email in quickbooks and will replace the default email for the invoice in quickbooks”. 

You can’t, however, leave this selection blank. So I’m using the same email that the client uses in quickbooks. But what happens is that zapier deletes the default email for the invoice in quickbooks, then sends nothing. Of course it can’t send the email because it just deleted it. Then the zap aborts, or can’t continue.