Question

Tagging existing aweber clients

• 10 January 2022
  • 7 replies

this question was answered in the past by @Troy Tessalone but i’m having trouble following the answer. 

I have a squarespace form. I want to create and tag new subscribers in aweber when the form is completed (works fine). I want zapier to also look up and tag existing aweber subscribers. 

@Troy Tessalone suggested to make the trigger: Squarespace New FOrm Submission. Easy

Then Action: Aweber Find/create Subscriber ok fine 

then another action (getting uncertain) filter but Ok I think I got this 

Then Action Aweber update subscriber. - so I dont see that. Inside the filter step it asks things like 

Only continue if zap data exists. I dont see an option to update subsrbier. I am not sure i am even in the right action/filter place. An example that shows screenshots would be so helpful! Thanks also to @jakeysnakey83 for posting the original question and maybe you have an answer for me that helped you. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @karenleitnermd 

Try these Zap steps...

1. Trigger: Squarespace - New Form Submission
  2. Action: AWeber - Find/Create Subscriber
  3. Action: Filter (if AWeber Subscriber Exists/Found = True from Step 2)
  4. Action: AWeber - Update Subscriber

whelp I get as far as update subscriber in aweber (woohoo!) 

but seem to hit some road blocks in there because i dont know how to fill in the following fields: subscriber, email, name and status at that step. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@karenleitnermd 

You’ll need to use the ‘custom’ option to dynamically map data points between the Zap steps as per this article: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action#set-up-your-action

Still getting stuck in how to fill in those items. Specifically I dont know how to fill in the subscriber field

(it lists all my current subscribers by number..why would i pick a random one of those) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@karenleitnermd

The Subscriber field likely expects the internal Subscriber ID from AWeber, which should be mapped from Step 2.

Like this…

It doesnt give me that ID number as an option when I try to carry it over from step 2. 
Is there a way to hire someone to help me with this? It is taking way too long. Thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@karenleitnermd 

Consider hiring a Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts