Question

Syncro tickup update to monday help

• 26 April 2024
  • 7 replies

I have one trigger that takes a new syncro ticket and makes a new item in Monday. This works. What I cannot figure out is how to update the status in monday when that ticket status is updated. 

I have tried to do a “Get item by column” as a monday action to attempt to tell syncro which item to update …. but the only way I can get this to work is if I tie it to an already existing ticket and entry in monday. Then the statuses will update for that one ticket. But any new tickets don’t work cause I can’t seem to tell syncro to look for and sync a previously entered ticket from the first trigger I previously mentioned. 

Zendesk has a monday integration where it connects and updates any future changes … it would be great to set something up like this. Can anybody help?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @skyleranelson 

To help us have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Sure here you go. Thanks! 

1. Get ticket into Monday

1. Update ticket… unsuccessful
  2. I also tried something like this 

No luck on either of these ticket updates. 

I should add… I thought I could just do this on one zap by putting a “Delay” until ticket updated. But that wasn’t an option in Syncro. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@skyleranelson

The Item ID field expects the Monday Item ID from Step 2.

Help article about using dropdown fields: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

so if I choose one of these does that become a dynamic lookup? Seems like that was tying to a specific item.

Ok I tried that and while it does update the ticket status, it updates another ticket instead of the new one create.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @skyleranelson 👋

Hope you don’t mind me popping in to see if I can lend a hand with this. 🙂

so if I choose one of these does that become a dynamic lookup? Seems like that was tying to a specific item.

When you map (select) a field from another trigger or action step whatever value is present in the selected field when the Zap runs will be used. 

Ok I tried that and while it does update the ticket status, it updates another ticket instead of the new one create.

As the ticket’s ID number has been selected the Zap is updating the item in monday.com that has an item ID number that matches the ticket ID that was supplied. The ticket ID and Item ID will never be an exact match which is why it’s updating the wrong item.

As Troy mentioned, to have the Zap update the item that was found by the previous monday.com action, you’ll need to select the ID field instead.

For example: 
1ab93b312ee363d62b7805426bcd05dd.png

Selecting the ID field from the previous monday.com action will allow the Zap to correctly reference the item. 

Can you give that a try and let us know whether that gets the correct item in monday.com updated?