Best answer

Stripe Purchase Says Subscriber Already Exists in Aweber

Hi

I have customer enter list as abandon carts via click funnels. Therefore, they are already on the list tagged abandon.

When they buy via Stripe I want to add new tag as buyer and remove old tag.

But I get this https://share.getcloudapp.com/llu7Bbqr

I am using the UPDATE SUBSCRIBER for the aweber integration.https://share.getcloudapp.com/P8u2nzLo

Any ideas what i am doing wrong here please? It could be a stripe drop down, I am using new customer?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by ken.a 23 May 2023, 09:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @dto-brian,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like this usually happens if the “Destination List” field points to the same List that the Subscriber is already on. In this case, my suggestion is to clear the “Destination List” field and try again.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

OK, you maybe my new best friend ;-)

Test worked. So I just need to wait and see if it works in real time

@ken.a just to let u know even tho its not erroring now. its still not adding new tag and removing old.

Any other ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @dto-brian,

Thanks for letting me know!

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please share a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks! 😊

sripe - https://share.getcloudapp.com/6quJmw6v

aweber - https://share.getcloudapp.com/Wnu6RXeL

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @dto-brian,

Thanks for the screenshot! 

I took a look at the screenshot of your Aweber "Update Subscriber" setup, and it seems that the "Subscriber" field is currently mapped as a static value. With this setup, it will only update that specific selected subscriber:

c8e09b86b0dd63f227913b221383c3c9.png
(view larger)

You'll need to add a "Find Subscriber" step. You can do this by clicking on "Or add search step" next to the "Subscriber" field when editing the Zap.

Once you've added the "Find Subscriber" step, you'll want to map the Subscriber ID that comes from the "Find Subscriber" step to the "Subscriber" field in the "Update Subscriber" step. You can set it as a custom value to ensure that the update is applied to the correct subscriber.

Please give that a try, and keep us posted! 😊

ok, that takes me into having to pay for an account. i’m not at that level yet.

is there another way around this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @dto-brian,

Thanks for letting me know!

Maybe you can try creating two Zaps to achieve this. Here’s what the Zaps will look like:

Zap 1:

1. Trigger: Stripe (New Customer)
  2. Action: AWeber (Find or Create Subscriber)

Zap 2:

1. Trigger: AWeber (New Subscriber)
  2. Action: AWeber (Update Subscriber)

Please give that a try, and let me know how it goes! 😊

not sure zap 2 will work - if they are already in the list, but then become a buyer. they wont be a new subscriber?

sorry for all the questions

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@dto-brian Don’t apologize, we are here to help! 

I think instead for Zap 2 you can try to use the Find or Create Subscriber trigger found here

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

ok im waiting for the next sale ;-)

nope that doesnt work

ok, ive gone to a paid version so trying the below

Hi @dto-brian,

Thanks for the screenshot! 

I took a look at the screenshot of your Aweber "Update Subscriber" setup, and it seems that the "Subscriber" field is currently mapped as a static value. With this setup, it will only update that specific selected subscriber:

c8e09b86b0dd63f227913b221383c3c9.png
(view larger)

You'll need to add a "Find Subscriber" step. You can do this by clicking on "Or add search step" next to the "Subscriber" field when editing the Zap.

Once you've added the "Find Subscriber" step, you'll want to map the Subscriber ID that comes from the "Find Subscriber" step to the "Subscriber" field in the "Update Subscriber" step. You can set it as a custom value to ensure that the update is applied to the correct subscriber.

Please give that a try, and keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for keeping the thread updated on how this is going, @dto-brian!

Eager to hear how the next test works for you! 🤞🏽

Disappointedly only the paid version above worked. 

Thanks for help