Best answer

SQL tables not showing after migration

Userlevel 1

Hi,

We migrated our PostgreSQL DB to AWS and created a new connection to it on our Zapier account. The connection is made with an admin-privileged account that is able to access all tables when logging in via the Dbeaver client. However, when adding the SQL DB to any zaps the tables don’t show in the drop-down menu. Any help would be highly appreciated as I am unable to append a specific row with a custom query so far.

edit: I am able to access the tables with custom queries to view them.

icon

Best answer by jesse 20 May 2022, 05:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @DriesClaes! I see in your post edit that you were able to access and view the tables by utilizing custom queries - woohoo! If any other issues arise, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our community and we’d be happy to help yet you pointed in the right direction. 🙂

Userlevel 1

@jesse Hi, I see how my edit regarding custom queries might be confused as a solution to my issue. Unfortunately, it is not. I need to be able to edit my table, which Zapier does not allow with custom queries. This is only possible via the ‘Edit row’ function. Which I still cannot use since none of my tables display.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @DriesClaes, can I clarify - is the main issue here that you can’t see your tables in the dropdown field when you are trying to set up the Zap? If so, are you able to share which Zap action/trigger you’re using and to let us know if you’re seeing any error messages? This might be one of those issues that the Support Team need to look into as they can look at all of the back-end calls Zapier makes to Amazon, but it might be that another user has had a similar problem so we’ll be able to help you. 

Userlevel 1

@Danvers Thanks for your response.

In one example I am using a HubSpot new deal in stage trigger followed by an SQL action to ‘Find Row’. However, as I said, no tables show in the dropdown menu. Regardless of the Zaps trigger this is always the case.

Userlevel 1

Here I can share with you the JSON export of one of these Zaps (a trimmed down version).

This is what it looks like inside Zapier:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@DriesClaes Sorry for the misunderstand from before! Hmm, can you double check for me that your Database/tables are not IP restricted? https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-sql-server-mssql#is-your-database-ip-restricted

Also, are the tables associated with the same user used to authenticate the SQL account within your Zap?

If neither of those look to be the issue, it sounds like it might be time to take this to support. They may be able to pull up some detailed logs and dig into what’s actually going awry. You can contact them using this form: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Keep us posted with how things go - we want to make sure you’re good to go here!

Userlevel 1

Hi @jesse I've talked with our DevOps team and the IP from Zapier is allowed (this is why custom queries do work). Also the user to access our SQL db via Zapier is the same user I log into our client with which has admin privileges. So also there shouldn't be any issue.

I will get in touch with support to ask for the logs, thanks for the replies so far.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@DriesClaes Sure thing! Looking at the ticket you opened with support, it, it appears the issue here was that the schema connected to your Zap was actually called 'operational' and not 'public’ and that it needed to be ‘public’ for your tables to appear.

From the sounds of it, you were able to get this solved but if anything else comes up, replying to that ticket will be the best way to troubleshoot SQL-related issues. 🙂

Userlevel 1

@jesse yes that's correct, the issue was indeed with the schema name. Turned out to be a rather simple fix.

Thanks so much for the continued support!