Best answer

Software activation/License keys

• 13 June 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey there everyone,
I need help/ideas figuring out how could I setup a zap or workflow to delivery a License key after a purchase.

• I have the keys in a google sheet
  • The payment will be done by Stripe
  • The keys need to be delivery by email
  • At the end all the data need to be sent to Zoho CRM

PS: don’t have a lot of experience no Zapier.

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 16 June 2020, 23:41

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Nelson!

Generally speaking, I’m not sure I’d recommend storing license keys in Google Sheets, much like passwords, as it’s not the most secure way of doing it. But for the sake of helping you out with the workflow here’s how you could accomplish that in a Zap:

Trigger (when this thing happens): Stripe — New Charge or New Order
Action (then do this other thing): Google Sheets — Lookup Spreadsheet Row
Action: Send Email (not sure which email app you had in mind...here’s a list of transactional email apps: https://zapier.com/apps/categories/transactional-email or regular email: https://zapier.com/apps/categories/email)
Action: Zoho CRM — Create/Update Module Entry

What would you use for the lookup in Google Sheets, do you know? Is it a list of available keys and you want to go through them sequentially and then mark them as used? If so, you could use a column like Available with true or false in it and search by available. Then you’d need an Update Row step for Google Sheets to update the row you found and make the Available column false.

Does that help at all? Please let me know if you need help with anything!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Nelson!

I wanted to check in with you on this one, since I don’t see a response to the message that I had sent you. Did you still need help here or did my last reply help you reolve things? Please let us know :)

Userlevel 1

Hi @nicksimard 

I solved it already. Thanks for asking :thumbsup:

Hi @nicksimard 

I solved it already. Thanks for asking :thumbsup:

What exact steps did you took?
I’m in need for the same solution.:slight_smile:
Please let me know!​​​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ralph B!

Here’s what our Support team had recommended:

Here's the workflow I have in mind:

Step 1: New Member in Memberstack

- Perfect, no changes

Step 2: Storage > Increment Value

Here, we're basically going to set a counter in the cloud. This will let us increment the value of our counter by 1 every time the Zap runs so we can find the next available key.

When you click to add an account...

...you'll be asked to set a store secret. This is basically your password to access the counter we're going to create, so set whatever you'd like.

Now, we can give our counter a name and tell it to increment by 1:

Step 3: Google Sheets > Lookup Spreadsheet Row

Here, we'll search for, and grab, the next available key.

One quick note: To search, it may help to add a counting column to your spreadsheet, like in the screenshot below. This way, we can use our counter to search for the next key.

When setting this up, you'll want to set the search column value for the last key that's already been assigned to "1" and the value for the next available key to "2".

For example, if I'd already used my first four keys below, I'll set the last one used to "1" and the first available key to "2," like this:

Our counter in the Storage step has already set the counter to 1. By setting the next key's counter value to 2, when we turn the Zap on, it will increment the counter to 2 and grab the first available key.

In the setup for this step in Zapier...we'll pass in the output of our Storage step to tell Google Sheets to find the next key:

Step 4: Google Sheets > Create Spreadsheet Row

Here, we'll combine the output of steps 1 and 3 to create the member along with their key:

Step 5: Memberstack

From here, you can pass the data back to Memberstack.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for fast reply, but I am using Ecwid and not memberstack. Does that changes anything? 

What I need:

At my store I am selling just one product, but buyer can change quantity of items in cart/order.
Once customer places and have paid for an order, I want to save it to sheet + check and save a number of how many quantity of item he bought. For example customer buy 3 license keys.

Then I need to take the next 3 available license keys from sheet and send it to customers email.

How the workflow would look like? I know its a bit more complicated with logic, but should be possible.

Thank you in advance! :relaxed: