Best answer

Separating multiple emails

• 26 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Is there a way to include multiple e-mail fields in to one email field that’s going to zap over to MailChimp? 

Example: Someone does not want to receive communications from us on step 1, but on step 3 of our form they tick the box, so we are trying to include these to or more fields where customer might enter their email address and pass it using a zap over to MailChimp’s one signal e-mail field. I tried to just include all 3 fields, but the zap is giving me an error. Comma also didn’t work.

Update: I have tried to include 3 different fields, but the issue happens when 2 or all 3 out of 3 have email address in them. Then the zap tries to pass an email address as xxx@xxx.comxxx@xxx.com

Is there a way I can include OR between these emails?

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 2 July 2020, 14:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @sldg ,

Thanks for reaching out!

MailChimp actions can only handle one email at a time, so two Zaps is likely going to be the solution here. However, there is a Google Sheets workaround that you might find handy:

• Use the emails in line items with the Create spreadsheet row(s) action to add each one as a new row in a new Google sheet
  • Then have a second Zap that triggers from new rows in that sheet

Give that a go and see if it does the trick!