Question

Random Outages upon New Row Trigger in Google Sheets

• 30 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello Community,

I have a few zaps that are triggered by a new google sheet row. They worked two days ago and today they just stopped working. These zaps have been running fine for months.

This is not the first time this has happened either and I cannot find out why.

Because you will ask:

• I changed nothing, haven’t even logged into Zapier for several days
  • Account is connected
  • No edits or changes to the source google sheet
  • Did not get any errors
  • Even after turning off the zap, re-testing and turning on, did not work on a test

Thanks for any insights.

Brad

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@be_rad_MPE 

Just to rule out other issues - is there any chance that rows have been deleted, sorted or a gap row has been introduced somehow?

Also, was the tab in the Google Sheet renamed at all.

These are common problem causes. 

If none of this applies, let me know and I’ll flag this to the support team for you.

Userlevel 1

>Just to rule out other issues - is there any chance that rows have been deleted, sorted or a gap row has been introduced somehow? Also, was the tab in the Google Sheet renamed at all.

None of those happened. I did check for that.

The zaps did successfully run, about 3 hours after what should have been the trigger. Usually its 5-15mins between the trigger and the run. Longest I have seen before this was 30-45min.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@be_rad_MPE 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Hey, we are having the same issue overhere as you described. Is there a status update about this issue?

We also experience the same issue in zaps that trigger on a specific column in google sheets

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @be_rad_MPE and @Proforto!

I’m sorry that you’re running into this trouble with your Google Sheets trigger. If the Zap doesn’t work after you’ve turned it off and on again and you’ve checked the points that @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu mentioned then the best thing to do is to get in touch with the Support Team so that they can take a closer look at it with you. When you do, please don’t forget to mention the steps that you’ve already taken, so they know where to start. You can contact the Support Team using the Get Help form: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Thank you!

Hi,

we have the same issue, it fails to run from the new line trigger and google form filled.

Tests are running smoothly.

The issue occurs on new Zaps 1-2 weeks old as well as 1 month.

They were running fine and were tested.

Have you made some changes recently?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Probs! While we haven’t made any changes to the Google Sheets integration, though we do know that there’s an issue affecting some Google Sheets triggers.

It’s difficult to diagnose whether or not you’re running into that issue without the Zapier support team taking a closer look at your Zap. Could you please contact the Support Team using the Get Help form:  https://zapier.com/app/get-help

When you do, please don’t forget to mention any troubleshooting steps that you’ve already taken, so they know where to start. 

Thanks!