Question

Placing sub folders into different parent folders

• 28 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi.

I currently have a zap to create a new client folder in Drive (using the customer’s name) every time I add a new customer into my crm. Every customer that I add goes into the same parent folder in new clients, so the zap can just keep creating new folders in the same place. However, I might end up doing several different projects for the same client. How do a create a zap that creates a new job folder and make sure that each time it goes into a different, appropriate client folder? 

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Travis F. 

Good question.

Try using this Zap action: GDrive Find Folder

Map the found Folder ID to the GDrive Create Folder step to specify the Parent Folder.

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Sorry, is it possible to be more specific? I own a construction company, this automating is completely new to me.  I can get a zap to trigger from a new file created in my CRM to create a new folder in whichever client  folder the customer is that I used to create the zap, but after that every file for every other customer gets put into that first customer’s client folder. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. 

Thanks

Travis

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Travis F.

Help article about how to map dynamic variables across Zap steps using the ‘custom’ option: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action#set-up-your-action

Also may be worth reviewing the other help articles about Zap Basics: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Travis F. just checking in on you here! Were you able to move forward with creating this Zap based on some of the resources Troy sent along? If not, let us know (with a screenshot) how your Google Drive Create/Upload file step is configured and we can walk you through the next steps. 😊 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Travis F.!

I know that setting up Zaps can feel overwhelming at first, so please let us know if you need some direction!