Pipedrive to Google- Missing Files

• 10 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

This may seem complicated but I’m using Pipedrive to create a Google Document using their Documents Beta tool. When the Google Document is created, it’s located in a specific folder in My Google Drive.  Within that Google Document, I have specific tags that I want to use as a Template Google Document. 

I created a Zap that triggers when a New Row is Updated or Created within a Google Sheet…

I’m able to find the folder, file, and everything within the Zap but when using the Create Google Document from Template step the file is nowhere to be found. 

I’ve tried multiple ways with no luck, below are some of the attempts I’ve tried:
1. I put the Google Document ID in one of the fields in the Google Sheet and Referenced it.
2. Referenced the Google Document ID from the Find a File step
3. Referenced the Google Document ID from the Find a Google Document step
4. Referenced the Google Document Name from the Find a File step
5. Referenced the Google Document Name from the Find a Google Document step

The only way I’m able to find the file is by I pasting the Google Document ID into the Custom value field, however, that’s not what I want.  I don’t understand why the file can be located only when the Google Document ID is pasted into the Custom value field but can’t be located when all of my previous attempts included the same ID….

The “add a search step” doesn’t work...

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Tilting Point 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.