Best answer

New Squarespace Form with a Picklist option to Salesforce Lead

• 1 September 2022
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have had a successful Zap running for weeks now capturing the Squarespace Form Name, Title, Email, Company, and Custom Message. It will then create a lead in Salesforce with the fields just mentioned. However, now that a picklist has been added to the form I am having trouble mapping it to Salesforce. 

Squarespace picklist option: Yes / No 

Salesforce Lead picklist field: Yes / No 

How can I edit my zap so the Squarespace form Yes or No selection maps properly back to the Salesforce Lead field that is also a picklist of Yes or No? 

Currently, Zapier is recognizing the picklist in Salesforce but makes me select what would be a static Yes or No instead of being dependent on what the form submission contains. 

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 1 September 2022, 20:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Km.EC , 

When you click on this field in the Zap, you should go to Custom (which is the tab on the right) instead of Lead Pick List. 

If you put a screenshot of this part of the Zap I can point it out :) Let me know if this works

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @MohSwellam 

I’m confused on what you mean by “click on this field”. Ive entered screenshots below. As you can see It says ‘Subscribe: Option 1” and when trying that I get the error bad value for restricted picklist field. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for the screenshots @Km.EC 

So the value you are trying to pass is “Option One” while Salesforce is expecting “Yes”. In this case you need to add a the following step before Salesforce step:

1. Add Formatter By Zapier
  2. Event = Utilities
  3. Transform = Lookup Table
  4. Lookup Key = Subscribe to ECcNews
  5. Setup the Lookup Table as shown in the below screenshot
  6. Use the result from the Lookup Table in the Salesforce step

7. Viola! You made it work :D 

Hope this helps

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @MohSwellam 

I’ll go ahead and try that step but want to comment while we’re active on this. I do not get the prompt for ‘Option Two’. I only see Option One. 

I’ll report back once I’ve tried your instruction. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I ll be active for another hour or so, no worries there :) 

I would imagine Option 2 is the “No” option? I would first try filling a dummy form with that field set to No so you can see if it says Option 2. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@MohSwellam 

Thanks I’ll give that a shot. Not sure if you have the answer to this, but I think *maybe* part of the problem is the Squarespace step. Zapier is not recognizing any new forms, only the Zapier demo one that dates back 3 weeks ago. The zap is still working as intended by creating a new lead but is not recognizing any new forms for a test trigger. These new forms would contain this Yes/No step unlike the old form. 

Is this part of the problem and if so how would I fix it? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

So when you try to Load More in the Trigger step it says no more forms can be found? This isn't a problem, it sometimes happens with other apps. 

I would then setup the step I mentioned earlier and turn on the zap then try submitting a form with a No to see what happens. If I understand correctly, it works once the zap is on? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

So, when using ‘Test Trigger’ on the first step, Squarespace, it is only listing a Zapier demo form. It is not pulling in any forms that I’m test submitting through squarespace. When I press “Load More” it says “We Couldn’t Find any more forms. 

I filled out a form as a test and selected No as an option. The Zap worked and created it as a lead in Salesforce. Without the Yes/No of course, but it does show the Zap itself is not broken.

Furthermore, I am still not seeing an Option Two. Only Option One when editing my Salesforce step. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Ok, go to Zap History https://zapier.com/app/history and check for the zap that triggered, click on it. You would see something like that 

In the Data Out, look for the field, you should find it says Option Two. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

So it says ‘No’ not Option Two. Though, Option Two equals No so I’m assuming it is working as intended. 

I’ve followed your instruction above with the Formatter and Table. I’ve published the Zap. I will try a new form now and see what happens. Will report back. 

Thanks for helping me through this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Its my pleasure. Let me know how this works out, I would still be able to troubleshoot it. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@MohSwellam 

Unfortunately it did not work. I submitted a form through Squarespace and selected ‘No’ on the form. The Zap created the lead but did not include whether I selected Yes or No in Salesforce. I’ve submitted a screenshot of what my Utilities in Formatter looks like. I set the Fallback as No because if they do not selected a Yes/No answer then we will not count them as subscribed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The step is in the wrong place :) This should be the step BEFORE SalesForce so you can enter it in Salesforce 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ok, my mistake. 

A few things to clarify: 

1. Lookup Key = Subscripe to EC News?: Option One
  • Will the Option One on the end cause an issue here? 
  1. Do I need a fallback value? 
  1. Salesforce Step → What do I need to put a value in for ‘Subscribed to EC News?’ that is the field name in SF. Options are as follow: 
    1. 2. ID: No Data
    2. 2. Output: Yes 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@MohSwellam Essentially, I think the last issue/request is what goes here in the Salesforce step? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
  1. Lookup Key = Subscripe to EC News?: Option One
  • Will the Option One on the end cause an issue here? No it won't 
  1. Do I need a fallback value? If its not a mandatory field in your form and you need it fall back to No then put No here
  2. Salesforce Step → What do I need to put a value in for ‘Subscribed to EC News?’ that is the field name in SF. Options are as follow: 
    1. 2. ID: No Data
    2. 2. Output: Yes « This
Userlevel 1
Badge

So this is tricky. I followed the steps above and published the Zap. I created a Squarespace form and selected ‘Yes’. The lead was created but it selected ‘No’ in the Salesforce field. So, it is finally putting something there but it is the fallback value. It’s not reading the Option One: Yes table correctly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Well at least we have something :D 

Please go to Zap History and check the Data In and Data Out for the Lookup Table step , screenshot it for me

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here are those screenshots. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Now that is very weird ! It says here that the input is actually Yes not Option One :D change the Lookup table to be Yes = Yes and No = No , its a weird workaround but you might wanna send to support about that issue. 

Can you check the previous zap histories for the No ? I” need to see the Trigger Data In, looking for this field in particular 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@MohSwellam 

The workaround was a success! Yes = Yes & No = No & Fallback = No worked. For now, it’s functioning properly so I am going to keep it. Thank you very much for the help and fast responses. You’ve saved me a lot of time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yaaay :D So glad it worked! 

I would appreciate if you marked this as Solution :) 

Thanks for the screenshots @Km.EC 

So the value you are trying to pass is “Option One” while Salesforce is expecting “Yes”. In this case you need to add a the following step before Salesforce step:

1. Add Formatter By Zapier
  2. Event = Utilities
  3. Transform = Lookup Table
  4. Lookup Key = Subscribe to ECcNews
  5. Setup the Lookup Table as shown in the below screenshot
  6. Use the result from the Lookup Table in the Salesforce step

7. Viola! You made it work :D 

Hope this helps